From: ~BD~ on
Laptop with XP Home SP3

Using CCleaner to check registry I'm left with this key:-

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

CCleaner cannot remove it. I've also tried RegAssasin (1.03) available
from Malwarebytes and that product cannot remove the key either.

Any clues as to why I cannot delete this key?

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on
Anne Onime wrote:

Start up in Safe Mode, then CCleaner will delete that registry key.

Great advice, Anne!

That did the trick!

Thanks! :)

--
Dave
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>

| Laptop with XP Home SP3

| Using CCleaner to check registry I'm left with this key:-

| HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

| CCleaner cannot remove it. I've also tried RegAssasin (1.03) available
| from Malwarebytes and that product cannot remove the key either.

| Any clues as to why I cannot delete this key?

Are you using Avira AntiVir ?

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on

|| Are you using Avira AntiVir ?

Yes, David, I am.

The said key *was* removed in 'safe' mode using CCleaner.

--
Dave BD

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk>

|| Are you using Avira AntiVir ?

| Yes, David, I am.

| The said key *was* removed in 'safe' mode using CCleaner.

Yeah, it BELONGED to Avira and shouldn't have been removed.

Thus the problem of so-called Registry cleaning.

--
Dave