From: Jose on
On Feb 18, 8:28 pm, "Dell Christopher" <dell...(a)aim.com> wrote:
> No, I ended up reformatting that hard drive.  In this case, since the
> troubleshooting I've done so far has not solved the problem, it's looking
> like I'm going down that reformat road again...
>
> "Daave" <da...(a)example.com> wrote in message

> > Is this the same PC that was struck with "Personal Security" spyware
> > mentioned in this post?:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/alt.privacy.spyware/msg/c3e12c3c0e9203...

That minor detail answers my question:

What do you think happened between the last time it booted properly
and this problem?

Were you troubleshooting a problem prior to this issue, what was the
problem and what troubleshooting steps were performed?

There are efficient "other" methods to remove Personal Security.
Reformatting... Now you have to do it again! Arg.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: cannot continue installing WIN
Next: Automatic Updates