From: Peter Ceresole on
I have this new iMac. It has one of the new short 'Chiclet' boards, with
a Magic Mouse. Both are nice enough, but I really would like to use my
Matias Tactilepro keyboard. Via USB, this works absolutely fine.
However, I'd like to use the Chiclet board with my iG5. How do I do
that?

I thought they were Bluetooth keyboards, but clearly not. I have a
Bluetooth dongle on the iG5 and it works fine, but not for the keyboard.

Is there any way to get one of these keyboards working with my iG5?

The real laugh is that I'm discovering all kinds of incompatibilities
with 10.6.4, but the thing that works best is... Eudora 6.2.4. Out of
production for these past four years, but still great.

--
Peter
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 21:10:24 +0100, peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk (Peter
Ceresole) wrote:

>I thought they were Bluetooth keyboards, but clearly not. I have a
>Bluetooth dongle on the iG5 and it works fine, but not for the keyboard.

Those keyboards are bluetooth, fer sure. Have you gone through the
procedure at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1809 ?

I didn't try a keyboard with that dongle, but it worked fine with a
Magic Mouse so it bloody ought to work with the keyboard!

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"We all recall that the difference between a computer salesman and a car
salesman is that the car salesman *knows* he's lying to you"
From: Bruce Horrocks on
On 08/07/2010 21:30, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 21:10:24 +0100, peter(a)cara.demon.co.uk (Peter
> Ceresole) wrote:
>
>> I thought they were Bluetooth keyboards, but clearly not. I have a
>> Bluetooth dongle on the iG5 and it works fine, but not for the keyboard.
>
> Those keyboards are bluetooth, fer sure. Have you gone through the
> procedure at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1809 ?
>
> I didn't try a keyboard with that dongle, but it worked fine with a
> Magic Mouse so it bloody ought to work with the keyboard!

And remember Sara's recent post saying that one BT keyboard simply
refused to work with one of her Macs but did so just fine with another.

--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey
From: Peter Ceresole on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> Those keyboards are bluetooth, fer sure. Have you gone through the
> procedure at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1809 ?

Yes. It can't find the sodding keyboard. Mouse is fine, but for the
keyboard it just spins its wheels and fails.

> I didn't try a keyboard with that dongle, but it worked fine with a
> Magic Mouse so it bloody ought to work with the keyboard!

My thoughts exactly. But it fails.

Pairs absolutely fine with the intelMac. But not with the iG5+ dongle...
Really pisses me off.
--
Peter
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-08 22:32:47 +0100, Peter Ceresole said:

> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>> Those keyboards are bluetooth, fer sure. Have you gone through the
>> procedure at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1809 ?
> Yes. It can't find the sodding keyboard. Mouse is fine, but for the
> keyboard it just spins its wheels and fails.
>>
>> I didn't try a keyboard with that dongle, but it worked fine with a
>> Magic Mouse so it bloody ought to work with the keyboard!
> My thoughts exactly. But it fails.
> Pairs absolutely fine with the intelMac. But not with the iG5+ dongle...
> Really pisses me off.

Don't the current crop of Bluetooth keyboards require a minimum version
of OS X? Ah, the website says 10.5.8 + Keyboard Update 2.0. What's your
iG5 running?
--
Chris