From: Henri Beyle on
HI,

I've an old Espon Stylus Photo EX which is not in use for years now.
The ink is now all dry and I think it'll be faster, cheaper and easier
to change the printhead.
I'm looking for a Disasembly manual.
I've DL some manuel from internet but there is a stylus COLOR EX, but
nothing about the Photo EX.

Can anyone help me ?

Regards,
H.B.

From: Arthur Entlich on
I do not believe the Stylus Color EX exists so it is probably a misused
model name and is the same as the Photo EX, as I believe there was only
one EX. The EX was one of the first wide 6 color printers, if not the
first.

I just checked the Epson website, and at least in North America there
was only one EX printer. There is a Stylus Color Pro XL printer, which
was the first wide carriage model.

I do not suggest replacing the heads. First of all, you have to find
them, which may be difficult. Then, you have to dismantle the printer
and replace the heads, and then you need the propriety software from
Epson to adjust the replacement head, both electronically and physically
(there are numerous adjustments - head angles, distance from platen,
skew, voltages, etc.) Also, know that these older printers usually need
Windows 98/98SE to run the adjustment programs.

Instead, I suggest you clean the printer's heads. If you only used
standard inks (dye inks in the case of the EX) you can usually unclog
the heads of their dried inks using the information I provide in my free
head cleaning manual.

If you'd like a free copy (I do not spam, and I have no commercial
interest in this at all and the cleaning materials can be acquired at a
$1 store or grocery).

Just send an email to the address below request the Epson Cleaning
Manual for the Photo EX and mention that it has been sitting a long time
(I can add a few extra suggestions).

Art

email:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

From: Henri Beyle on
I just send you a email.
I uses to print many pictures so I bought a kit With a modified
cartridge which was filled through wires that dive into small bottles
of ink.
I can go back to normal cartridge if necessary.

When I first posted a message here I though I only had to change the
black piece of plastic that support the cartridges.
I read some files about printers and discovered about the software and
all the settings it involves.
So I'll try to revive my printer without changing anything since it's
one of the last model without the bugged cartridges.

Le 08/01/2010, Arthur Entlich a suppos� :