From: jassnaround on
I have a form named PatientsInfo that is based on table Tbl_Patients. In
that form I have a subform that is based on table Tbl_FedPovertyLevel. I
have 2 fields from Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform -- HouseholdMemberName,
HouseholdMemberIncome. When an additional HouseholdMember is entered into
the subform, it links to the Tbl_Patients correctly. But on the record
selector for the PatientsInfo main form, there are now several instances of
the same Patient based on how many HouseholdMembers I have entered into the
subform. I have to click the next record button several times until I see
the next Patient. I want only one instance of the PatientsInfo record to
show but with all of the HouseholdMembers showing. How can I fix this?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:36:01 -0700, jassnaround
<jassnaround(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a form named PatientsInfo that is based on table Tbl_Patients. In
>that form I have a subform that is based on table Tbl_FedPovertyLevel. I
>have 2 fields from Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform -- HouseholdMemberName,
>HouseholdMemberIncome. When an additional HouseholdMember is entered into
>the subform, it links to the Tbl_Patients correctly. But on the record
>selector for the PatientsInfo main form, there are now several instances of
>the same Patient based on how many HouseholdMembers I have entered into the
>subform. I have to click the next record button several times until I see
>the next Patient. I want only one instance of the PatientsInfo record to
>show but with all of the HouseholdMembers showing. How can I fix this?

Doublecheck the Recordsource for the mainform. It certainly sounds like you
have the form based on a query joining Tbl_Patients and Tbl_FedPovertyLevel;
what you probably want is to have each form bound to its own table, or to a
query selecting and sorting records only from that table.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]