From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
See all projects and all affected resources for each project at one glance?
That's quite a glance. If the project manager needs to see the data only,
not interact with it, a report could easily do what you want. People needing
to interact with the data could use a form.

From: Pierre Darisse on
Peter,

The way I saw the FlexGrid, I still have the problem of linking it to
a key field in the continuous form, in this case, the ProjectID. That
is, unless I put all the query in the flexgrid and say the first line
is the project info and the subsequent lines are the resources
utilization. If that would be the case, would I still be able to
modify the required data (the query being a bit complicated)?

So basically :

-any way of linking a detail grid to a projectID?

if not :

- any way of showing all data and at the same time being able to
change it

Pierre
From: Pierre Darisse on
Bruce,

Well that's not necessarily such a powerful glance, the users just
want to be able to scroll the project list and be able to see quick
visual cues for their projects (e.g. if there is a due date, the
background is of another color for this week and so on) and be able to
change the hours affected to this resource

Pierre

From: Peter Hibbs on
Pierre,

You would normally use the FlexGrid control INSTEAD of a Continuous
form, the control would show the data that would normally be shown on
the form, the demo shows several examples of this.

You can edit the data in a FlexGrid control although, because this
control cannot be bound to a table (or query) you have to use
different techniques depending on the nature of the data and the
tables design.

The easiest method to code is to show the user a pop-up form when they
click on a FlexGrid cell and they would enter data into unbound
controls on this form. When they click an 'OK' button, the data will
be copied back to the relevant table/s and the FlexGrid image updated
to show the amended data. Alternatively you can edit the data in a
FlexGrid cell and copy the data back to the table but this is more
complex. There are examples of both techinques in the demo I
mentioned.

HTH

Peter Hibbs.