From: Pierre Darisse on
Hi to all,

I'm trying to set up a form so that I Have a Project list and its
associated resources in a subform. When I try to add the resources
subform, I get an error stating that I can't put a subform in a
continuous form and then it puts the form type back to single

Is there a way to go around this limitation? Right now, what I'm
planning on doing is to build a huge textfield with the concatenation
of all the info I need, but that way I can't change the data, which is
the most desired way of doing it

Any help will be appreciated

thanks
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 07:11:33 -0700 (PDT), Pierre Darisse
<pdarisse(a)gmail.com> wrote:

If I remember correctly this is one of the new features in the
upcoming Office 2010. No, there is no workaound with current versions
of Access.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
You can't do so directly, but there are ways to accomplish it. Albert Kallal
has a discussion here:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/Grid.htm

A groups discussion relevant to the above may be found here (the link should
be on one line):

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access.forms/browse_thread/thread/d9ec5196ece6c067/aadc86612dcb014f?hl=en&q=%22microsoft+public+access.forms%22+link+continuous+subform

Essentially, you would create a parent form and a child form, both continuous,
and place both on an unbound form (frmMain). Both the parent and the child
are now subforms of the unbound form. The Link Master field of the child
subform is the primary key field in the parent subform, and the Link Child
field is the linking field in the child form's record source table. If the
subform controls are named Parent1 and Child1, and the linking field is
ProjectID, the Link Master property of the child subform would be:
Forms!frmMain!Parent1.Form!ProjectID
The Link Child property would be:
ProjectID

In the parent subform's Current event:
Me.Parent.Child1.Requery

From: Pierre Darisse on
Tom, Bruce,

Thank you both for the nice input, as both were near what I want to
do.

Sadly, unless I'm mistaken, although it is around the corner, Access
2010 is not out yet and since I need to deliver my application ASAP,
it is not a possibility. As for the 2 continuous forms on a master
form, the problem with this solution is that I need to display all the
data at once (for the project manager to see all projects with all
affected resources and their usage at a glance).

Do you guys know of a way I could do it in an ActiveX control in
VB .NET and then put it in my access form?

Thanks for your input

Pierre

From: Peter Hibbs on
Pierre,

If you are willing to use an ActiveX control and can write the
necessary code you could use a FlexGrid control which should do what
you want. See the the Flex Grid Demo program at :-

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccfb4

for some examples.

Peter Hibbs.