From: James J. Gavan on
Now I'm not going to post Part 2, unless there is some interest from
readers. (And my usual style, unfortunately, it will be a bit long).

Part 1 - go to this which in fact is in a family genealogy tree. Keeping
an open mind read what the author says, but the pertinent part is when
he gets down to some two sentences before he uses the word 'Debenhams'.
Make a point of remembering those two sentences appearing before the
word 'Debenhams', and the paragraph about Debenhams.

http://www.ferdinando.org.uk/cater_brothers.htm

Part 2 - if published by me, is a sad example of how things can go
terribly wrong in both commerce and computing, and should serve as an
example for the younger members here, that although our game is IT, like
it or not, (a) you shouldn't get involved in business politics, some
cleverer arsehole, (political animal), will beat you to the punch, and
(b) most certainly you must set your antenna to be forewarned that
commercial politics are in progress. Scotch it in the latter case if you
are able, or get the hell out of there.

Any takers want to read Part 2 ?

Jimmy,Calgary AB
From: Alistair on
On Feb 19, 5:22 am, "James J. Gavan" <jgavandeletet...(a)shaw.ca> wrote:
> Now I'm not going to post Part 2, unless there is some interest from
> readers. (And my usual style, unfortunately, it will be a bit long).
>
> Part 1 - go to this which in fact is in a family genealogy tree. Keeping
> an open mind read what the author says, but the pertinent part is when
> he gets down to some two sentences before he uses the word 'Debenhams'.
> Make a point of remembering those two sentences appearing before the
> word 'Debenhams', and the paragraph about Debenhams.
>
> http://www.ferdinando.org.uk/cater_brothers.htm
>
> Part 2 - if published by me, is a sad example of how things can go
> terribly wrong in both commerce and computing, and should serve as an
> example for the younger members here, that although our game is IT, like
> it or not, (a) you shouldn't get involved in business politics, some
> cleverer arsehole, (political animal), will beat you to the punch, and
> (b) most certainly you must set your antenna to be forewarned that
> commercial politics are in progress. Scotch it in the latter case if you
> are able, or get the hell out of there.
>
> Any takers want to read Part 2 ?
>
> Jimmy,Calgary AB

You've scratched the cat so yes please.