From: B-Riemke on
On Feb 18, 12:10 pm, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashw...(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
> Duke Normandin wrote:
> > On 2010-02-17, Gourav CAT Staffing <gourav...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Dear Folks,
> >> Wishes for the Day !!!
> >> This is Shawn from Vforce Inc,.
> >> We Need consultant for COBOL PROGRAMMER ANALYSTS
> >> Please share suitable profiles to sh...(a)vforceinc.com
>
> >> Title        :  COBOL PROGRAMMER ANALYSTS
> >> Location :   CA
> >> Duration :   1-2 years
> >> Rate       :  $33/hr
>
> >> Project 1:
> >> Extended Unemployment Insurance Project-   Legacy Cobol Code needs to
> >> be analyzed
>
> >> Project 2:
> >> IDMS database needs to be converted to DB2 using automated tool and
> >> the analyst need to figure out why not working and retest
>
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Warm Regards ,
> >> Shawn Lee
> >> VantageForce Inc.
> >> 10400 Rodgers Road Suite 150
> >> Houston, Texas 77070
> >> Direct : 201-710-8278
> >> sh...(a)vforceinc.com
> >>www.vantageforce.com
>
> > You mean to tell me that a mechanic, or plumber, or electrician etc
> > makes more /hr than a seasoned COBOL programmer? Not that there's
> > _anything_ wrong with a trade, but give me a bleeding brake! How much
> > is your cut? More than half - I bet!
>
> I'm glad someone picked this up. The rate seemed low to me, but it is
> academic as far as I'm concerned. I thought the days of agencies taking
> 50% - 66% cuts were gone, but as long as guys are prepared to work for the
> rates being quoted, they'll continue doing it.
>
> Best example of this that I can give from first hand experience was in the
> early 1980s in London, England. I agreed to do a contract (as a COBOL
> programmer, although the job actually had very little to do with COBOL and I
> ended up becoming a CAD/CAM "expert" on the Intergraph package running on
> DEC VAX) for 550 UK pounds a week. At the end of 3 months my Boss wanted to
> extend the contract but said he couldn't afford to. He showed me what he was
> being charged: 1200 a week!
>
> I went to the Agency and asked for an explanation. The head of the Agency
> explained that he had been given my name by a guy who met another guy in a
> sauna and passed over my details. This meant there were 2 people apart fom
> the Agency who had to get a rake-off, before the Agency even began to make
> their profit... I told him things were about to change. The charge-out to
> the client dropped to 900 a week of which I received 750 and the Agency 150.
> The 2 parasites were simply dropped.
>
> As a result, the new contract ran for a year, as two 6 month stints, with
> review and slight increase after the first 6 months.
>
> Some years later, with the shoe on the other foot, I was appalled at the
> markups Agencies were still charging. I was recruiting teams of COBOL guys
> [...]

Hi Pete,

you have right with the Rate it is to low for that what they will
become for...

Have you seen the Internet Page form the Company: www.vantageforce.com

There is nearly no information about the company...

Shawn Lee:
Please give more information abaout the company for that you are
working for...

Pages: 1
Prev: test
Next: Success/Failure with computers