From: Arnold Trembley on

--
http://arnold.trembley.home.att.net/
From: Alistair on
On Feb 18, 8:39 am, Arnold Trembley <arnold.tremb...(a)att.net> wrote:
> --http://arnold.trembley.home.att.net/

Well that worked. What are you up to that you post test messages
everywhere so often?

Curiousity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
From: e p chandler on
On Feb 18, 11:21 am, Alistair <alist...(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Feb 18, 8:39 am, Arnold Trembley <arnold.tremb...(a)att.net> wrote:
>
> > --http://arnold.trembley.home.att.net/
>
> Well that worked. What are you up to that you post test messages
> everywhere so often?

Arnold's ISP dropped netnews last summer, as did mine. Perhaps he is
trying a new provider?

From: Arnold Trembley on
On 2/18/2010 1:24 PM, e p chandler wrote:
> On Feb 18, 11:21 am, Alistair<alist...(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Feb 18, 8:39 am, Arnold Trembley<arnold.tremb...(a)att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> --http://arnold.trembley.home.att.net/
>>
>> Well that worked. What are you up to that you post test messages
>> everywhere so often?
>>

> Arnold's ISP dropped netnews last summer, as did mine. Perhaps he is
> trying a new provider?

Sorry about the confusion. I thought I had "canceled" the test message
so that it would not appear for more than a few seconds.

I've had an AT&T Worldnet email address since 1996, but they are making
some changes. For many years now they have allowed either
@worldnet.att.net or @att.net as the trailing part of the email address,
but after March 31st the long format won't work any more. I was still
using that in several of my news accounts. I was just verifying that
the change email address worked and I could still post to news servers.
I also read usenet news at grc.com which has authentication and there
was a possibility that changing the email address would require a new
password.

Everything seems to be working fine.

--
http://arnold.trembley.home.att.net/
From: Alistair on
On Feb 19, 4:47 am, Arnold Trembley <arnold.tremb...(a)att.net> wrote:
> On 2/18/2010 1:24 PM, e p chandler wrote:

> >> Well that worked. What are you up to that you post test messages
> >> everywhere so often?
>
> > Arnold's ISP dropped netnews last summer, as did mine. Perhaps he is
> > trying a new provider?
>
> Sorry about the confusion.  I thought I had "canceled" the test message
> so that it would not appear for more than a few seconds.
>
> I've had an AT&T Worldnet email address since 1996, but they are making
> some changes.  For many years now they have allowed either
> @worldnet.att.net or @att.net as the trailing part of the email address,
> but after March 31st the long format won't work any more.  I was still
> using that in several of my news accounts.  I was just verifying that
> the change email address worked and I could still post to news servers.
>   I also read usenet news at grc.com which has authentication and there
> was a possibility that changing the email address would require a new
> password.
>
> Everything seems to be working fine.
>
> --http://arnold.trembley.home.att.net/

The cat is satisfied, thanks.