From: Michael Wojcik on
Arnold Trembley wrote:

> Sorry about the confusion. I thought I had "canceled" the test message
> so that it would not appear for more than a few seconds.

Most news servers ignore cancel commands, due to widespread forgery of
cancel control messages in the early '90s.

--
Michael Wojcik
Micro Focus
From: Arnold Trembley on
On 2/19/2010 2:33 PM, Michael Wojcik wrote:
> Arnold Trembley wrote:
>>
>> Sorry about the confusion. I thought I had "canceled" the test message
>> so that it would not appear for more than a few seconds.
>
> Most news servers ignore cancel commands, due to widespread forgery of
> cancel control messages in the early '90s.

My webpage address has changed:

Article on COBOL runtime efficiency in z/OS
http://www.arnoldtrembley.com/cob-rte.htm

Article on SORTing, with COBOL examples, by Leif Svalgaard:
http://www.arnoldtrembley.com/svalgard.htm

Links to programming resources:
http://www.arnoldtrembley.com/prog.htm

--
http://www.arnoldtrembley.com/
From: Alistair on
On Feb 22, 12:38 am, Arnold Trembley <arnold.tremb...(a)att.net> wrote:
> On 2/19/2010 2:33 PM, Michael Wojcik wrote:
>
> > Arnold Trembley wrote:
>
> >> Sorry about the confusion.  I thought I had "canceled" the test message
> >> so that it would not appear for more than a few seconds.
>
> > Most news servers ignore cancel commands, due to widespread forgery of
> > cancel control messages in the early '90s.
>
> My webpage address has changed:
>
> Article on COBOL runtime efficiency in z/OShttp://www.arnoldtrembley.com/cob-rte.htm
>
> Article on SORTing, with COBOL examples, by Leif Svalgaard:http://www.arnoldtrembley.com/svalgard.htm
>
> Links to programming resources:http://www.arnoldtrembley.com/prog.htm
>
> --http://www.arnoldtrembley.com/

I followed some of your links and found most interesting. However, one
of your pages has a number of links which have passed on . . . . (cue
for a sketch).