From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Aakash Shah" <aakashshah(a)nospam.nospam> wrote in message

> Diane: Good point! I just checked both the created and modified fields and
> most of the entries correspond to April 22 in the evening. This is around
> the time that I performed the Office 2010 installation.
>
> I did not use any previous versions of Office 2010 prior to April 22.

How did you get your data into Outlook 2010? If you imported it, then that's
the reason for the Modified date being what it is. Importing is considered a
modification. Exporting/importing is not recommended for moving data from one
Outlook instance to another.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Aakash Shah on
Brian: I did not import the data. I did the following:

1. Uninstall Office 2007
2. Installed Office 2010
3. Started Outlook

Then, Outlook did its thing and I was in. I did not initiate a manual
"import" though. It was after these steps that I noticed that my suggested
contacts were populated with my nk2 cache.

From: Aakash Shah on
James: Thanks for the information. What I'm still confused about though is
why my work computer (Exchange profile) appeared to import my nk2 cache,
whereas my home computer did not. From the link, it appears that the nk2
cache should not have been imported into the suggested contacts list, but my
experience appears to be different for some reason. Is there some sort of
log I can reference?

From: James Luo on
You said that the NK2 file can't be imported on your home machine
Do you access the same mailbox (Outlook Anywhere/VPN) on the home machine
as the working machine?
If so, I don't think the file needs to be imported again since it works
against the message of the mailbox on the server

From: Aakash Shah on
James: No, I do not access my work email from my home computer using Outlook
Anywhere/VPN. My primary account at home is a POP account. I have several
POP accounts and a few IMAP accounts. One of these IMAP accounts is a
connection to my work email.