From: Vaib on
Hi all,

Small programming assignments whose difficulty levels are gradually
increased OR programming assignments that test the knowledge of
various aspects of the language are good for students and probably for
those who want to learn programming in general BUT there's also
another category of people like me who don't really want to learn
programming because they've done a lot of it ( i know no one can do
'enough' programming but I am getting at something else here.

I dont want to learn programming in general since I do a lot of it in
my office and I've done a lot of it in the past...ofcourse,
programming for fun is my second nature ..!!

Since I know C, C++, Java and (recently) .Net.. learning a new
programming language is not a big deal for me. BUT i have the craving
to learn a lot ( my master list includes Lisp, python, perl, linux
shell scripting, j2me, scheme, android and a lot more ). Now if i go
by picking up books on these subjects ( which I dont mind ) and
reading them whilst making small programs that test my knowledge of
the language then I guess it would ' a lot ' of time. Time is a fight
for me since I am a very busy person. Someone once told me that the
best way to learn a language is to make a project in it and in that
project make extensive use of the most powerful features of the
language ( like pointers if you talk of C ).

So could anyone tell me what are the power features of say, scheme (to
start with) and suggest some project assignment ?

Regards,
Vaibhav