From: Chiki on
Yes, i had tried using the formula u had given.

Its returning an #Error Message.I dont know why.I think i had to check out
the exact syntax or check the correct text box names.

Thanks.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 19 May 2010 19:51:01 -0700, Chiki <Chiki(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Yes, i had tried using the formula u had given.
>
>Its returning an #Error Message.I dont know why.I think i had to check out
>the exact syntax or check the correct text box names.
>
>Thanks.

Well... yes.

I cannot see your screen. I do not know the name of your table; you should use
it in place of "tablename". Likewise you need to specify the correct
fieldnames... which, again, I do not know.

If you'll post some more details about your table (table name, fieldnames,
datatypes of those fields, form control names) someone should be able to help.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Chiki on
Ok.Sorry if i had missed anything.

I had created a table named EMP. The Table consists of the fields:-

Emp id-Autonumber
Employee Name-Text
Date of Joining-Date/time
Days worked-Number
Amount Earned-Currency.

On the form,i had created the combo box named:Employee Name

and text boxes named;Date of Joining,amt earned & Days worked.

Please tell me now what to change in my code;

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 00:26:01 -0700, Chiki <Chiki(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Ok.Sorry if i had missed anything.
>
>I had created a table named EMP. The Table consists of the fields:-
>
>Emp id-Autonumber
>Employee Name-Text
>Date of Joining-Date/time
>Days worked-Number
>Amount Earned-Currency.
>
>On the form,i had created the combo box named:Employee Name
>
>and text boxes named;Date of Joining,amt earned & Days worked.
>
>Please tell me now what to change in my code;

Set the Control Source property of the textbox [amt earned] to

=DSum("[Amount Earned]", "[EMP]", "[Emp id] = " & [Employee Name])

This assumes (again, perhaps incorrectly, I don't know) that the Employee Name
combo box is displaying a name but has the Emp ID as its control source and
bound column.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Chiki on
I did not get u..How could i use the Control source of Employee Name as EMP Id.

I could not understand the syntax also.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Conditinal Format Not Working