From: Tom on
Have a column for item id and a column for its Qty. What I need to do is have
a sum of all the item id quanitities whose item id is either a 1, a 3, or a
7. If it was just that I needed the sum of those with 1 I could use SumIf.
But what if I want a combined total of certain id's?
From: T. Valko on
One way...

=SUM(SUMIF(A2:A100,{1,3,7},B2:B100))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: trip_to_tokyo on
On May 18, 4:47 am, Tom <T...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Have a column for item id and a column for its Qty. What I need to do is have
> a sum of all the item id quanitities whose item id is either a 1, a 3, or a
> 7. If it was just that I needed the sum of those with 1 I could use SumIf..
> But what if I want a combined total of certain id's?

Hi Tom, you could do this with a Pivot Table if you wanted to.

Please check out:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item 108.

If you pull that up on the screen in front of you it can easily be
applied to your example.

Just click in H 2 and choose the Acct Number's (your id) you want to
include / exclude.

Thanks.

From: ozgrid.com on
Use SUMIFs if you have 2007