From: sagenichole on
Ok I am trying to make the document where if I enter "a" in one cell, the
cell next to it will auto populate a given value that I define. Please let me
know how I can do this!!!

Thanks!!!
From: Pete_UK on
If you have a table of values somewhere which determines what "a" is
equivalent to, then you could use a VLOOKUP formula in the next cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: Ron on
With the limited information in your question the following will give you a
solution:
Cell A1 is where you enter "a"
Cell A2 is the given value that you define
Cell A3 contains the formula =IF(A1="a",A2,"")
Change the cell references to suit your lay out.
Hope this helps

From: Gord Dibben on
Enter in B1

=IF(A1="","",LOOKUP(A1,{"a","b","c","d","e","f"},{1,2,3,4,5,6}))

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP