From: worduser on
I successfully wrote a formula to give me the sum of one column (F) based on
whether or not column D has an "x" in it. It works fine in one spreadsheet,
but when I copied and pasted it to another spreadsheet, which was virtually
identical to the first, only it had less information entered into it, I got a
"#name?" error message. Here is the formulas that works in the first
spreadsheet: =_xlfn.SUMIFS(F:F,D:D,"<>x",F:F,">0").

Also, I don't know why there is the "_xlfn." in the front of the function -
I know I did not type it there, and why it says "SUMIFS" instead of "SUMIF"
is also beyond me.

Can anyone help?
From: Lars-�ke Aspelin on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:06:01 -0700, worduser
<worduser(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I successfully wrote a formula to give me the sum of one column (F) based on
>whether or not column D has an "x" in it. It works fine in one spreadsheet,
>but when I copied and pasted it to another spreadsheet, which was virtually
>identical to the first, only it had less information entered into it, I got a
>"#name?" error message. Here is the formulas that works in the first
>spreadsheet: =_xlfn.SUMIFS(F:F,D:D,"<>x",F:F,">0").
>
>Also, I don't know why there is the "_xlfn." in the front of the function -
>I know I did not type it there, and why it says "SUMIFS" instead of "SUMIF"
>is also beyond me.
>
>Can anyone help?

Have a look here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102045691033.aspx