From: Artabros on
I'm trying to configure Sun-SSH server included in solaris 10 with
pam_ldap. I intend to use SUN Solaris Native LDAP Client Library and
system is already configured like ldap client ("id ldapuser" works),
using the steps of the document from the Gary Tay's site
(http://web.singnet.com.sg/~garyttt/Installing%20and%20configuring%20OpenSSH%20with%20pam_ldap%20for%20Solaris9.htm)

I need that pam_ldap authentication works only with ssh and for
these reason i append the following lines to /etc/pam.conf

sshd auth requisite pam_authtok_get.so.1
sshd auth required pam_dhkeys.so.1
sshd auth required pam_dial_auth.so.1
sshd auth binding pam_unix_auth.so.1 server_policy
sshd auth required pam_ldap.so.1

, but don't works

localhost$ ssh -l ldapuser 192.168.1.9
Password:
Password:
Password:
Permission denied
(gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive).

Anybody have an idea to solve my problem?? Thanks in advance!!
From: Triss on
Two things to start with: First, you'll almost undoubtedly want to
append try_first_pass to the pam_ldap.so.1 line, so it'll grab the
password from when it tried unix_auth.

Second, we need more data in order to help you. Are any error messages
showing for SSH or pam in syslog? If not, please add 'debug' to the
pam_ldap line, and make sure you're logging daemon.debug. Check for
anything interesting there.

Please post details when you've got them.

From: Gary Tay Teng Teck on
Artabros wrote:
> I'm trying to configure Sun-SSH server included in solaris 10 with
> pam_ldap. I intend to use SUN Solaris Native LDAP Client Library and
> system is already configured like ldap client ("id ldapuser" works),
> using the steps of the document from the Gary Tay's site
> (http://web.singnet.com.sg/~garyttt/Installing%20and%20configuring%20OpenSSH%20with%20pam_ldap%20for%20Solaris9.htm)
>

> I need that pam_ldap authentication works only with ssh and for these
> reason i append the following lines to /etc/pam.conf
>
> sshd auth requisite pam_authtok_get.so.1
> sshd auth required pam_dhkeys.so.1
> sshd auth required pam_dial_auth.so.1
> sshd auth binding pam_unix_auth.so.1 server_policy
> sshd auth required pam_ldap.so.1
>
> , but don't works
>
> localhost$ ssh -l ldapuser 192.168.1.9
> Password:
> Password:
> Password:
> Permission denied
> (gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive).
>
> Anybody have an idea to solve my problem?? Thanks in advance!!

Pls use the sample pam.conf for pam_ldap provided by Solaris10 system
admin guide, you need not add "sshd" lines as it will follow "other".

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4556/6maort2te?a=view

You may turn off Kerberos and GSSAPI support in sshd_config as we don't
need it.

You should set "UsePAM yes" in sshd_config, and restart sshd.

PasswordAuthentication yes
ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
UsePAM yes

Having said all the above, I have not used any Solaris10 box yet.

Gary

From: Artabros on
Can't find the way make pam works correctly with Idap. There's no way to
make the authentication works with Idap (nor in system console neither in
ssh). I've used ldapclient command to generate /var/ldap/ldap_client_file
and /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred files and "gettent passwd" shows me
ldap'users.

I'm trying to prove with two pam.comf: one with sun's documents, and the
other one with that which use howto. In the sshd_conf there was not "UsePAM
= yes" because Sun-SHH don't support it and failed to start. So I've
downloaded OpenSSH from www.sunfreeware.com and I've installed it with the
this sshd_conf:

--- Begin of sshd_conf ----
Port 22
Protocol 2
PermitRootLogin yes
PasswordAuthentication yes
ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
UsePAM yes
Subsystem sftp /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server
--- End of sshd_conf ----

I'm new in solaris and i don't know how to configure syslog to see
pam/ssh errors :( However i can see the following in /var/log/syslog:

pam_ldap: no legal authentication method configured

Have you got an idea to make it work? Thanks in advance

From: Gary Tay Teng Teck on
Artabros wrote:
> Can't find the way make pam works correctly with Idap. There's no way to
> make the authentication works with Idap (nor in system console neither in
> ssh). I've used ldapclient command to generate /var/ldap/ldap_client_file
> and /var/ldap/ldap_client_cred files and "gettent passwd" shows me
> ldap'users.
>
> I'm trying to prove with two pam.comf: one with sun's documents, and the
> other one with that which use howto. In the sshd_conf there was not "UsePAM
> = yes" because Sun-SHH don't support it and failed to start. So I've
> downloaded OpenSSH from www.sunfreeware.com and I've installed it with the
> this sshd_conf:
>
> --- Begin of sshd_conf ----
> Port 22
> Protocol 2
> PermitRootLogin yes
> PasswordAuthentication yes
> ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
> UsePAM yes
> Subsystem sftp /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server
> --- End of sshd_conf ----
>
> I'm new in solaris and i don't know how to configure syslog to see
> pam/ssh errors :( However i can see the following in /var/log/syslog:
>
> pam_ldap: no legal authentication method configured
>
> Have you got an idea to make it work? Thanks in advance

SUN-SSH uses an older version of OpenSSH, IIRC the equivalent directive
of "UsePAM yes" in its sshd_config is:

PAMAuthenticationViaKBDInt yes

I have taken for granted that everyone will replace SUN-SSH with OpenSSH
at least as a response to OpenSSH vulnerability report.

It is better to compile from OpenSSH source, use the following options
so that you could reuse SUN-SSH original protocol 2 host keys in /etc/ssh:

env MAKE=/usr/ccs/bin/make
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib ./configure
--with-pam --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl

To debug SUN-SSH or OpenSSH, start "sshd" with the debug option, I think
it is "-d"
OR
Change this line in sshd_config and restart sshd

#LogLevel info
LogLevel debug (or LogLevel DEBUG)

Then add a "auth.debug /var/log/auth.log" line in /etc/syslog.conf and
restart syslogd (/etc/init.d/syslog).

Use "ssh -v userid(a)localhost" to see the communication flow.

You may to take a look at the checklists I listed at:
http://swforum.sun.com/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=47882&tstart=0

To debug PAM, add "debug" keyword to /etc/pam.conf at the end of the
line, I think.

Gary

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2