From: siljaline on
Mike Easter wrote:
> Haven't those two had some problems with each others apps in the past?
> Sunbelt's vipre or counterspy trying to interfere with mbam's updates or
> mbam calling false positives on the sunbelt apps?

I suppose there have been issues, as there have been incompatability problems
with MBAM and other AV apps.

> Maybe as they got together and worked out those problems, they decided
> to do more together.

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Press/Releases/?id=346

The Press Release is calling is a partnership, this may be a polite way of saying
that SunBelt bought out MBAM, I cannot speak to this, as this just happened of
late. If I have anything else I will post it.

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_