From: John Navas on
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:40:32 -0700, in
<0ent165vm89fibardf88asuuj0qiget1ms(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:00:50 GMT, in <mcwTn.7378$z%6.830(a)edtnps83>,
>"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>
>>http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
>>http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
>>
>>It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
>>relaxing with Mich.
>>
>>I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
>>can be found if one looks critically enough...
>
>Very nice shot.
>
>I think it might have been a bit better with the tree thrown out of
>focus a bit, or by moving to the right so the tree isn't right behind
>her head. And the skin tone seems a bit cool to me from the open shade
>-- see how it looks a bit warmer: <http://i45.tinypic.com/2cynwgk.jpg>

I meant moving to the left. [blush]

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: David J Taylor on
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full
> size)
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
>
> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
> relaxing with Mich.
>
> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some
> fault can be found if one looks critically enough...
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

Captures the atmosphere very well - excellent!

David

From: Tzortzakakis Dimitris on

> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
>
> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
> relaxing with Mich.
>
> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
> can be found if one looks critically enough...

good one, Dudley! The lighting is good (no underexposure), and the dog and
girl aren't in the center, but more like the rule of thirds, so it's a good
composition, too.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

From: Peter on
"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
>
> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
> relaxing with Mich.
>
> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
> can be found if one looks critically enough...

My title for that shot is "love and trust."

--
Peter

From: Dudley Hanks on

"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoon.jpg (full size)
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/SundayAfternoonSmall.jpg (fast
>>
>> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
>> relaxing with Mich.
>>
>> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
>> can be found if one looks critically enough...
>>

> My title for that shot is "love and trust."
>
> --
> Peter

Hey, Pete, I like that...

BTW, I received the pic you sent. My son gave me his interpretation, which
sounds quite intriguing. I'll forward it to my wife and she'll describe it
as well. It sounds like your work is extrordinary...

Take Care,
Dudley

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4