From: Mod Bod on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:4abd5cff$0$23968$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com the killer
> robot Mod Bod <modbod(a)tampabay.rr.com> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> I went ahead and installed it, just to see if there was anything of
>>> real interest to me. I haven't had a chance to do much more that see
>>> that it has EZ-Player built in now. I'll kick the tires on it some
>>> this weekend. I also downloaded an update for the Avatar kit, but it
>>> refuses to install. It comes up with the path set to where it is,
>>> but then tells me that the kit is either corrupt or missing some
>>> files and then bails out. Not that I really care, since I'm not that
>>> fond of that kit anyway, but it bugs me that it won't install
>>> properly. Toontrack treats their paying customers like they are a
>>> bunch of thieves. Feel free to tell them I said that about them.
>>>
>> Nevermind. Sorry I asked.
>
> No need to be sorry, I got nothing at all against you Dave. I'm just a bit
> miffed that the intrusive copy protection that Toontrack employs is
> screwing me from installing whatever the Avatar drumkit update that's dated
> around 06/26/2009 is/does. I'm not about to go on their web forum and deal
> with Rogue. He pretty much finalized my trips there, so now I have a
> Avatar drumkit that as a paying customer, I deserve to be able to install,
> yet the copy protection contained in the install, sees me as a theif and
> refuses to install.
>
> Note: I still do plan to checkout the 2.2 update for Superior 2 that did
> install, and see if velocity layers let me tweak my pad kit in any closer.
> As far as stacked sounds go, I might use that for an effect, but my main
> purpose of using Superior Drummer 2 with the DW samples is to emulate my
> real acoustic kit of drums as closely as I can possibly get it to sound.

Wasn't it the hihat that was the issue? I was curious if the being able
to set the curves would help you get the tweaks that you wanted. That
seems to be where the rubber meets the road with ALL drum samplers. The
hihat is such a nuanced instrument. It's like saxophone in that every
note can be approached in so many directions.

--
Dave (Mod Bod) Modisette
www.gatortraks.com
From: Neil Rutman on
I quite like the new fx preserts for each piece of the kit. The I have tried
are very usable.

Neil R

From: Mod Bod on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:CIWdnTeXsIp97yDXnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d(a)speakeasy.net the killer robot
> "Neil Rutman" <neilrut(a)speakeasy.net> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> I quite like the new fx preserts for each piece of the kit. The I have
>> tried are very usable.
>
> What are the fx presets? Is this only for the NY Avatar kit that I can't
> update, or is it for any kit? I'm quite fond of the older DW samples from
> the first incarnation of Superior, as they sound much closer to the sound
> of my acoustic kit that I use live than any other samples I've tried.

They are in the mixer view at the top of each channel.

I don't think your problem with the Avatar update is copy protection
unless there is something that is popping up on the screen telling you
otherwise. I've run into problems before and it was always because I
had some file that was corrupted. If you have the time, you might want
to reinstall the Avatar kit from scratch.

--
Dave (Mod Bod) Modisette
www.gatortraks.com
From: Mod Bod on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:4abd8198$0$5642$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com the killer
> robot Mod Bod <modbod(a)tampabay.rr.com> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>> What are the fx presets? Is this only for the NY Avatar kit that I
>>> can't update, or is it for any kit? I'm quite fond of the older DW
>>> samples from the first incarnation of Superior, as they sound much
>>> closer to the sound of my acoustic kit that I use live than any other
>>> samples I've tried.
>>>
>> They are in the mixer view at the top of each channel.
>>
>> I don't think your problem with the Avatar update is copy protection
>> unless there is something that is popping up on the screen telling you
>> otherwise. I've run into problems before and it was always because I
>> had some file that was corrupted. If you have the time, you might
>> want to reinstall the Avatar kit from scratch.
>
> I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I haven't deleted anything from the
> original first shot install, but I suppose there's that 1 in a million
> chance that some file actually did become corrupt, or killed for some
> reason.

There's one pickin' file in there - a soundstats file - that get's
messed up somehow. I can't remember how I remedied it. I'm not sure if
I deleted it and somehow it rebuilds it or what. Let me know what kind
of message you are getting and I'll see if I can get some help figuring
out the problem.

--
Dave (Mod Bod) Modisette
www.gatortraks.com
From: Mod Bod on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:4abebe23$0$23939$9a6e19ea(a)unlimited.newshosting.com the killer
> robot Mod Bod <modbod(a)tampabay.rr.com> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> As I said in the TT forum, I cannot accept that not one betatester or
>> Cakewalk Q&A employee had a 64 bit setup and a copy of one of the most
>> popular entry level drum samplers (EZdrummer) available so they didn't
>> know there was a problem. My BS meter is pegging. Someone is either
>> inept or not telling all they know.
>
> Rogue mentioned that bitbridge is an outsourced item. Is that true, or was
> he thinking of jbridge?

All I can say is that I can confirm that Rogue said that. He was not
speaking of Jbridge.

--
Dave (Mod Bod) Modisette
www.gatortraks.com