From: Terryc on
z1 wrote:

> why not a linux lite version ?

Linux lite? Like military intelligence?
Far less trouble to install Win98 and be done with it.
Either he will have drivers or not.

The only linux he might consider would be a distro for the same time as
the hardware, but with nil support and a continual whine of "you should
upgrade to the latest version", why bother.

From: Rob on
On 28/02/2010 4:53 PM, Clocky wrote:
> "Rob"<mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 28/02/2010 3:41 PM, z1 wrote:
>>>
>>> Support is ending for some versions of Windows
>>>
>>> Support for Windows Vista without any service packs will end on April
>>> 13, 2010.
>>>
>>> Support for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) will end on July 13,
>>> 2010.
>>>
>>> If you're running one of these versions after support ends, you won't
>>> get security updates for Windows.
>>>
>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/end-support-windows-xp-sp2-windows-vista-without-service-packs?os=other
>>>

>> And I just installed ME on a laptop !
>
> ME is shite, 98SE would have been the better option.

Each to his own :)
From: Rob on
On 28/02/2010 5:27 PM, z1 wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> "Rob" <mesamine(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> And I just installed ME on a laptop !
>>
>> ME is shite, 98SE would have been the better option.
>>

> why not a linux lite version ?

Not for me.
From: Rob on
On 28/02/2010 6:15 PM, Terryc wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>
>> ME is shite, 98SE would have been the better option.
>
> agreed, but it is still no longer supported.

Yet I ran ME for sometime and had problems with 98SE, like - shut down
plus there was something else? Even tried the MS fix.

I think it may have been dependant on the computer build compatibility.
From: Rod Speed on
Rob wrote
> Terryc wrote
>> Clocky wrote

>>> ME is shite, 98SE would have been the better option.

>> agreed, but it is still no longer supported.

> Yet I ran ME for sometime and had problems with 98SE, like - shut down plus there was something else? Even tried the
> MS fix.

> I think it may have been dependant on the computer build compatibility.

Its more that the driver detail changed and some cant work that out.