From: Amy in Texas on
This isn't working for me. I have my local now as my hard drive copy and
when I update it, it doesn't update to the website location b/c when I hit
refresh in my browser window, it doesn't show the new updated page.

Amy

From: Stefan B Rusynko on
When you open your disc based site in FP and update it won't update your online site unless you:
- switch to the Remote site view and publish changes
(from local - the one that is open - to remote - your online site)

"i4004" wrote:

> Naturally, no sooner had I posted than I managed to resolve the problem.
>
> I opened a local site (which FP took to be remote) and then published files
> from my remote site (which FP took to be local) to the local site (FP
> remote). Having done this FP then switched the sites around so that it
> recognised the local as the local and remote as remote.
>
> Thank you anyway.
> --
> Regards
>
> i4004
>

> "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
>
> > Whichever site you open first is considered the local site.
> >
> > Open your online web with FP, and Publish it to a location on your hardrive
> > (you'll get prompted to create a website there). Then close the online web
> > and open the local web, work on the local web then Publish to the online
> > web.
> >

> > "i4004" <i4004(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > |I have the same problem. I only have a remote site, which I work on
> > without
> > | 'publishing'.
> > |
> > | How do I create a local site and then persude FP that the local is the
> > local
> > | and the remote is the remote so that I can work off-line etc.
> > | --
> > | Regards
> > |
> > | i4004

> > company.