From: Wordy on
I regularly use the symbol font but when I went to insert a symbol today it
wasn't in the list of fonts under 'Insert... Symbol'. Where has it gone? How
can I get it back?
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
The Symbol dialog by default shows the characters in the font at the
insertion point. You can select another font (including Symbol) if the
symbol you want is not in the current font.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)