From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Howard Brazee" <howard(a)brazee.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:56:36 +0200, "Pegasus [MVP]"
> <news(a)microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hobocopy (http://sourceforge.net/projects/wangdera/files/HoboCopy/) is
>>another possibility. It has this switch:
>>
>>/incremental - Perform an incremental copy. Only files that have
>> changed since the last full copy will be copied.
>>

> I downloaded this and tried hobocopy /? to get a window saying this
> isn't a valid Win32 application.

This is a sure sign of a corrupted download.

From: Howard Brazee on
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:49:33 +0200, "Pegasus [MVP]"
<news(a)microsoft.com> wrote:

>xcopy.exe has been deprecated for some time. I recommend you use
>robocopy.exe with this switch:
>
> /FFT :: assume FAT File Times (2-second granularity).

Does robocopy have a limit in string length?

I tried this:
robocopy "C:\Documents and Settings\brazee\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\4iakaiea.default\" "C:\Documents and
Settings\brazee\My Documents\" bookmarks.html /E/XN/FFT

and got back:

Source - C:\Documents and Settings\brazee\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Pr
ofiles\4iakaiea.default" C:\Documents\
Dest - C:\BELFRY\and\

Files :
Options : /COPY:DAT /R:1000000 /W:30

ERROR : Invalid Parameter #3 : "Settings\brazee\My"

- James Madison
From: Howard Brazee on
<news(a)microsoft.com> wrote:

>I believe the third-party tool xxcopy.exe has a similar switch.

XXCopy tells me it's not a WIN32 application either.

- James Madison
From: Howard Brazee on
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:09:50 +0200, "Pegasus [MVP]"
<news(a)microsoft.com> wrote:

>> I downloaded this and tried hobocopy /? to get a window saying this
>> isn't a valid Win32 application.
>
>This is a sure sign of a corrupted download.

I'll try both hobocopy & XXcopy again, probably tomorrow (I'll be in
meetings the rest of today).

- James Madison
From: Bob CP on
On 4/19/2010 4:16 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:49:33 +0200, "Pegasus [MVP]"
> <news(a)microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I believe the third-party tool xxcopy.exe has a similar switch.
>
> XXCopy tells me it's not a WIN32 application either.

Not exactly true. It runs in a "DOS" (command prompt) window as
command-line application. As I remember it, there are both X32 and X64
variations too.