From: ilaroche on
>Does it simulate OK?
>
>Sometimes the files need to be added in correct order, i.e.
>the file with the package must be added before any library
>units that make use of it. IIRC you can drag them around in the
>gui to alter the order, or check the .prj file which should have
>lines such as:
>add_file -lib work my_pkg.vhd
>add_file -lib work my_ent.vhd
>etc.
>
>HTH -- Pontus

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

It simulates fine in Modelsim. It synthesises fine in Xilinx ISE. In
Synplify, when I click "Run", it works fine until the Mapper process where
another error happens. I've been wanting to run a Syntax and Synthesis
check to investigate that error.

I've moved my package up the list of files so it's the first one, and the
error still happens. I've also ran the Compile Only (F7) option and it
works fine! It even says that the synthax has been run successfully! Here
are the logs for both options.

Synthax Check :

@N: CD720 :"C:\Synopsys\fpga_D201003\lib\vhd\std.vhd":123:18:123:21|Setting
time resolution to ns
@I::
"U:\Recherche\Algo_Viterbi_Parallele\VHDL\Synplify\source\decodeur_viterbi_carre.vhd"
@W: CD643
:"U:\Recherche\Algo_Viterbi_Parallele\VHDL\Synplify\source\decodeur_viterbi_carre.vhd":10:26:10:26|Ignoring
use clause - types_viterbi not found ...
@E: CD255
:"U:\Recherche\Algo_Viterbi_Parallele\VHDL\Synplify\source\decodeur_viterbi_carre.vhd":14:42:14:42|No
identifier "poids_size" in scope

Compile Only :

@N:CD720 : std.vhd(123) | Setting time resolution to ns
@N: : decodeur_viterbi_carre.vhd(13) | Top entity is set to
decodeur_viterbi_carre.
VHDL syntax check successful!

I'm at a loss as to what is causing the Synthax Check to fail. I'll
continue to tinker with the different options and processes, but any
further help/info would be appreciated.

Isabelle LaRoche
Université Laval
Québec, Qc, Canada

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Pontus on
Could you try to introduce an error in the package declaration,
just to see that the compiler/analyzer is actually looking
at the file you think its looking at?!?
-- Pontus