From: Jeff on
Insert into catable
> (member, namekey, namekey6, namekey10, name)
> Select substr(name, 1, 2, name, 1, 6, name, 1, 10)
> From Member
> Where members not = "0000000000"
> Order by Members
>EXEC-END.

If I have multiple substrings like above, can I place them in 1 set of
( ) or do them individually? Thank you for getting back with me so
quickly

From: Jeff on
EXEC SQL INSERT INTO CANAMEDETL
( NAMEKEY, NAMEKEY6, NAMEKEY10, NAME, MBRSEP,
IMAXSOFT13_PATH_01, IMAXSOFT13_PATH_02, IMAXSOFT13_PATH_03,
IMAXSOFT13_PATH04, IMAXSOFT13_SEQ_NO )
SELECT SUBSTR(NAME, 1, 2), SUBSTR(NAME, 1, 6),
SUBSTR(NAME, 1, 10), NAME, MBRSEP, 0, 0, 0, 0
FROM MBRSEPMSTR
WHERE MBRSEP NOT = '0000000000'
ORDER BY NAME, MBRSEP
END-EXEC.

Frederico,

I have tried looking through the Pro*Cobol book and I cannot find
examples this detailed. Is this Code ok? This is what I meant to post
the first time.

From: Frederico Fonseca on
On 9 Jun 2005 12:37:50 -0700, "Jeff" <jmoore207(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> EXEC SQL INSERT INTO CANAMEDETL
> ( NAMEKEY, NAMEKEY6, NAMEKEY10, NAME, MBRSEP,
> IMAXSOFT13_PATH_01, IMAXSOFT13_PATH_02, IMAXSOFT13_PATH_03,
> IMAXSOFT13_PATH04, IMAXSOFT13_SEQ_NO )
> SELECT SUBSTR(NAME, 1, 2), SUBSTR(NAME, 1, 6),
> SUBSTR(NAME, 1, 10), NAME, MBRSEP, 0, 0, 0, 0
> FROM MBRSEPMSTR
> WHERE MBRSEP NOT = '0000000000'
> ORDER BY NAME, MBRSEP
> END-EXEC.
>
>Frederico,
>
>I have tried looking through the Pro*Cobol book and I cannot find
>examples this detailed. Is this Code ok? This is what I meant to post
>the first time.

Yes, but the number of parameters do not match.

you have 10 field names, and only 9 select fields.

I think you better try the SQL first on SQL*Plus and then use it
within the COBOL program, as this is a simple SQL without host
variables.

Frederico Fonseca
ema il: frederico_fonseca at syssoft-int.com
From: Jeff on
I missed a 0 on one of the imaxsoft fields. Thanks for your help, I
really appreciate it.

From: Jeff on
Frederico,

I have written the program and I do a

procob /cadevel/symbolic/sortjm.cbl /cadevel/symbolic/sortjm.cob
I get the message

System default option values taken from:
/u00/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/client/p
recomp/admin/pcbcfg.cfg

When I do a ncobol sortjeff

I get 10 errors:

005166 EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION END-EXEC.
* 149-S********
**
** No SQL directives have been set
005176 EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION END-EXEC.
* 149-S********
**
** No SQL directives have been set
005180 EXEC SQL
* 149-S********
**
** No SQL directives have been set
005183 EXEC SQL
* 149-S********
**
** No SQL directives have been set
005198 EXEC SQL
**
** No SQL directives have been set

What am I missing? There is nobody here who has embedded sql in Cobol
or tried to connect thru Cobol etc.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: MS COBOL 5.0