From: TC on
Hi, there is a cobol studio? a editor and debug like microsoft visual C++
Where I can download it or similar
From: Richard on

http://www.adtools.com/download/v3starter/register.htm

From: Harald Cordes on
Visual COBOL was sold from about 1987 to 1997 and is no longer
available.

It has a character oriented full screen editor and a separate full
screen debugger. Later versions of Visual COBOL for Windows got a GUI
editor and a separate GUI debugger.

"separate" means, you cannot edit in the debugger like you can to in
Microsoft Visual Studio.

Visual COBOL runs on MS-DOS, Windows (16 and 32 bits) and on a wide
range of UNIX systems.
----------------
Since May, 1st 1994 Visual COBOL belongs to Micro Focus.
See: http://www.microfocus.com for the actual products.

Successors for Visual COBOL:

- Net Express for Windows
including .Net components to use Microsoft Visual Studio as
development environment
- Server Express for Unix
From: Bob Iles on
You might also look at WOW Gui extensions for
Liant RMCOBOL at www.liant.com

From: Jussi Jumppanen on
TC wrote:

> Hi, there is a cobol studio? a editor and debug like microsoft
> visual C++ Where I can download it or similar

Zeus for Window is prgramming language neutral editor/IDE that
will support the Cobol language:

http://www.zeusedit.com/lookmain.html

The built-in Zeus Cobol configuration will need to be tweaked to
match your combiler and builder tools and Zeus only supports a
limited set of gdb type debuggers, but once configure it will
provide you with a rich set of IDE programming features.

Some of the Zeus programming specific features include:

+ Code folding
+ Code completion and intellisensing
+ Syntax color highlighting
+ Project/workspace management
+ Integrated class browser
+ Seamless FTP editing
+ Integrated version control (including CVS)
+ Quick Help context sensitive help engine
+ Fully scriptable using Python, Lua, JavaScript, VbScript

Zeus is shareware and runs fully functional for 60 days.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows Editor (New version 3.94 out now)
"The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl folding editor"
Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com