From: vovan on
My VB 2008 application uses System.IO.File.Exists method. On XP there is no
problem with accessing file located on the server. On Windows 7 the file is
not found.
The same problem with
file_reader = New System.IO.StreamReader(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt")
where strSource is the string containing the path to the file on the server.

Any advice please.

Thank you
vovan

From: Family Tree Mike on
vovan wrote:
> My VB 2008 application uses System.IO.File.Exists method. On XP there is
> no problem with accessing file located on the server. On Windows 7 the
> file is not found.
> The same problem with
> file_reader = New System.IO.StreamReader(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt")
> where strSource is the string containing the path to the file on the
> server.
>
> Any advice please.
>
> Thank you
> vovan

More than likely you are seeing folder virtualization for the first
time. It did not exist in XP. Where is strSourse pointing?

--
Mike
From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"vovan" <vcha(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My VB 2008 application uses System.IO.File.Exists method. On XP there is
> no problem with accessing file located on the server. On Windows 7 the
> file is not found.
> The same problem with
> file_reader = New System.IO.StreamReader(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt")
> where strSource is the string containing the path to the file on the
> server.

Unlike XP, Vista and Windows 7 are not going to allow file access to
protected areas.

Where is the file located?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4559 (20091030) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: vovan on
The file located on the server. Its location is something like
"\\192.168.45.13\CoordData\InitialData.txt"
You say Windows 7 are not going to allow file access to protected area. How
do I unprotect that area or get permission to access the file?

Thank you
vovan

From: vovan on
What does it mean "folder virtualization"? The file exists in reality on the
server in the location
"\\192.168.45.13\CoordData\InitialData.txt"
My program sees it and can read when it is running on XP. I can see the file
via Windows Explorer as well on both Windows XP and Windows 7.

Thank you
vovan