From: ptpwjp on
How can I read selected text in another application, by vb program?

I want read from vb program
same text selected (for example by mouse) in another application (for
example IE, or Word ).
I want to have this text in any string variable, or in any file.
I don't know how many IE or Words or another applications will be opened.
Somebody can selected texts in several application,
in this situation I want to read only last selected text.
How to do it?

From: Family Tree Mike on
ptpwjp wrote:
> How can I read selected text in another application, by vb program?
>
> I want read from vb program
> same text selected (for example by mouse) in another application (for
> example IE, or Word ).
> I want to have this text in any string variable, or in any file.
> I don't know how many IE or Words or another applications will be opened.
> Somebody can selected texts in several application,
> in this situation I want to read only last selected text.
> How to do it?

The newsgroups you have listed are mutually exclusive. Do you want a VB
6 recommendation, or a vb.net recommendation? The vb.general.discussion
group would be for a VB 6 question while the dotnet.languages.vb group
would be for .Net.

After deciding your platform, you need to clarify how this would work.
Do you want a user in your code to initiate a copy of the selected data
somehow? Do you want any selected text in any app captured by your app?

--
Mike
From: Nobody on
You posted to two different groups that cover very different versions of VB.
The earlier versions(VB6 or lower) are not based on dotnet and they don't
have "dotnet" in the group name. The newer version are all based on dotnet
which started with VB 2002, and they have separate groups that either have
"dotnet" or "vsnet" in the group name.

There are many things broken between VB6(Released in 1998), and VB 2002+.
VB6 code almost always produce compilation errors in VB.Net, and may not
work as expected, and usually require a rewrite to make it work properly.

Please repost your question again and include what VB version you are using.

<Question ignored>

From: ptpwjp on

> The newsgroups you have listed are mutually exclusive. Do you want a VB
> 6 recommendation, or a vb.net recommendation? The vb.general.discussion
> group would be for a VB 6 question while the dotnet.languages.vb group
> would be for .Net.
Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition

> After deciding your platform, you need to clarify how this would work. Do
> you want a user in your code to initiate a copy of the selected data
> somehow?
I want to transform text selected by user ,
(only if he will want to -only if he push bottom at my application),
and write new version of text to file.

From: Nobody on
"ptpwjp" <ptpwjp(a)op.pl> wrote in message news:hchrkj$eec$1(a)news.onet.pl...
> Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition

Please repost your question in new thread, or remove
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion from your reply.

Thank you