From: mayayana on

> >> In my program is instruction:
> >> Send("%{TAB}^{INS}%+{TAB}")
> >
> > It's preferable to send WM_COPY than trying to send Ctrl+C, or
> > Shift+Insert keys. This copies the text to the clipboard, but you need
> > specify the correct window handle.
> I will test it, I don't use clipboard object yet,
> I think if I start use it I will be home.

WM_COPY has the same limitation as WM_GETSEL.
It's for edit controls. I doubt that it will work for
browsers, MS Word, etc. That was the point I was
trying to make clear yesterday. If you want the
selection in any window then you are dealing with
many diffferent window types. Ctrl+Ins seems
to work, but I don't think there is a Windows message
for that.

(I just tried a test with Spy++. If I use Ctrl+Ins
with Notepad it sends WM_GETSEL. But when I
tried the same thing with text selected in K-Meleon
there was no message at all. Ctrl+Ins seems to be
somehow built into the system.)

From: mayayana on
>> You realize
> > that you need to get the text from the Clipboard
> > after you do Ctrl+Insert?
> In my language it is something like box, or casket,
> in dictionary English - my language "clip" it is small wire
> using to have a lot of pages together.

That is the same in English -- a paper
clip. A clipboard is a hard board with a
type of clip attached. The clip has a spring
to hold papers tight against the board. It is
the thing that you see inspectors carry in the
movies when they inspect a power plant
or factory. :)

From: ptpwjp on

> That is the same in English -- a paper
> clip. A clipboard is a hard board with a
> type of clip attached. The clip has a spring
> to hold papers tight against the board. It is
> the thing that you see inspectors carry in the
> movies when they inspect a power plant
> or factory. :)
To small paper is glue no clip.

From: ptpwjp on
>> It sounds
>> like you need to try it outside of the debugger. (?)
> Yes, yesterday was Sunday , and I haven't time to test it outside
> debugger.
> Today I will test it more.

I test it today outside of the debugger, it work.