From: Buddyboy on
For some time now when I use System Restore it goes through the motions,
rebooting, etc., but always ends up telling me that it could not restore to
the selected point, to choose another one. If I do choose another one, I
always get the same result. I am using XP Home SP3. Help would be
appreciated. Thank you.
--
medwayfire.org
From: Bert Hyman on
In news:7747D9CF-561E-4EF0-A10D-26BE48250F05(a)microsoft.com
=?Utf-8?B?QnVkZHlib3k=?= <Buddyboy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> For some time now when I use System Restore it goes through the
> motions, rebooting, etc., but always ends up telling me that it could
> not restore to the selected point, to choose another one. If I do
> choose another one, I always get the same result. I am using XP Home
> SP3. Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I've found that doing the restore in safe mode is much more likely to
work.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: John Wunderlich on
=?Utf-8?B?QnVkZHlib3k=?= <Buddyboy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in news:7747D9CF-561E-4EF0-A10D-26BE48250F05(a)microsoft.com:

> For some time now when I use System Restore it goes through the
> motions, rebooting, etc., but always ends up telling me that it
> could not restore to the selected point, to choose another one.
> If I do choose another one, I always get the same result. I am
> using XP Home SP3. Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Boot your machine to Safe Mode (Hit F8 while system boots up), and then
do a System Restore.

HTH,
John