From: Jef Roe on
I replaced an NVIDIA card with an ATI.

When my system boots up everything loads up to the correct screen res with
all the running apps in the lower right information bar. Before the ATI
catalyst icon (red) appears the screen goes blank (3 to 5 sec) as if it's

Q: Can I stop this process.

This does not occur with the NVIDI card fitted.

thanks

From: First of One on
It's the bloated Catalyst Control Center doing its thing. If you are not
running Crossfire, you can prevent CCC from running by disabling CLI.exe in
the Windows MSConfig startup list. Adjust your settings with ATi Tray Tools,
which is lean and doesn't poison your system.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/ati-tray-tools-/

From: Jef Roe on
thank you...all OK now with ATT running.

From: Ant on
On 10/26/2009 10:28 PM PT, Jef Roe typed:

> I replaced an NVIDIA card with an ATI.
>
> When my system boots up everything loads up to the correct screen res with
> all the running apps in the lower right information bar. Before the ATI
> catalyst icon (red) appears the screen goes blank (3 to 5 sec) as if it's

I notice this too on my MSI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB of RAM) and I
had a NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT KO (512 MB). The black screen only lasts
for one second AFTER I log into my updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 (IE6)
account. It's just a small annoyance to me.
--
"... Ooh, we haven't done that in a long time. I love picnics. I'll
bring my ant jar." --The Berenstain Bears (unknown episode)
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi(a)earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANTant(a)zimage.com