From: Colin Trunt on

"Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message

> "Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
>> Colin Trunt wrote:
>>> "- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message

>>> The CPU problem seemed to be related to badly installed memeory
>>> (probably)
>>> I have a grahics card with 1/2 a gg of memory.
>>>>

>> If you look at your Task Manager graphs, when there isn't any heavy user
>> stuff running, are you still seeing one core running at 100%. Or is the
>> system now, really "idle" ?
>
> Ot is OK now however before nothing was running, ie system idle 97%
> but one core was at 95%, however that problem now appear to be cured.
> Possibly related to badly seated memory or some other memery problem.
>

>> Also, your statement about memory usage. You seem to be saying it follows
>> program usage, which is good. If Chrome and Firefox aren't running, and
>> the system is effectively idle, are you seeing 90% memory usage at
>> that point in time ?
>
> OK I kust closed chrome and firefox and memory available increased
> from 700 to 1400 meg

O just closed another program (poker client) and Outlook Express an it
increased to 1500 meg available.

I am not sure memory was freed so much before, it might be because
I killed this jqs.exe process which caches java for 'quick start', that may
have kept a lot of stuff in memeory stopping it being freed.

I guess I could switch it back on and see the difference, it was set up to
caches up to 1 giga byte which is lot of java!!
It's not something I really need though, I think it is better not running.

From: - Bobb - on

"Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
<<snipped>>
>> The CPU problem seemed to be related to badly installed memeory
>> (probably)
>> I have a grahics card with 1/2 a gg of memory.
>>>

> If you look at your Task Manager graphs, when there isn't any heavy user
> stuff running, are you still seeing one core running at 100%. Or is the
> system now, really "idle" ?
>
> Also, your statement about memory usage. You seem to be saying it follows
> program usage, which is good. If Chrome and Firefox aren't running, and
> the system is effectively idle, are you seeing 90% memory usage at
> that point in time ?
>
> Paul

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and look at memory then ?
Press F8 while booting ( Google it for details).
If a "memory seating issue" ,should still have a problem.
If not a seating issue, then should be minimum loaded into memory / CPU
usage minimal.

From: Colin Trunt on

> "Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
> <<snipped>>
>>> The CPU problem seemed to be related to badly installed memeory
>>> (probably)
>>> I have a grahics card with 1/2 a gg of memory.
>>>>

>> If you look at your Task Manager graphs, when there isn't any heavy user
>> stuff running, are you still seeing one core running at 100%. Or is the
>> system now, really "idle" ?
>>
>> Also, your statement about memory usage. You seem to be saying it follows
>> program usage, which is good. If Chrome and Firefox aren't running, and
>> the system is effectively idle, are you seeing 90% memory usage at
>> that point in time ?
>>
>> Paul
>>
> Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and look at memory then ?
> Press F8 while booting ( Google it for details).
> If a "memory seating issue" ,should still have a problem.
> If not a seating issue, then should be minimum loaded into memory / CPU
> usage minimal.

I did do this and it showed the ram was there.
IIRC it showed the ram was there even when I had a CPU usage issue.
The CPU issue has fortunately disapeared now.

From: - Bobb - on

> "- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message
>>
>> "Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
>> <<snipped>>
>>>>>

>>> If you look at your Task Manager graphs, when there isn't any heavy user
>>> stuff running, are you still seeing one core running at 100%. Or is the
>>> system now, really "idle" ?
>>>
>>> Also, your statement about memory usage. You seem to be saying it
>>> follows
>>> program usage, which is good. If Chrome and Firefox aren't running, and
>>> the system is effectively idle, are you seeing 90% memory usage at
>>> that point in time ?
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>
>> Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and look at memory then ?
>> Press F8 while booting ( Google it for details).
>> If a "memory seating issue" ,should still have a problem.
>> If not a seating issue, then should be minimum loaded into memory / CPU
>> usage minimal.
>

> I did do this and it showed the ram was there.
> IIRC it showed the ram was there even when I had a CPU usage issue.
> The CPU issue has fortunately disapeared now.

So problem is solved ?
Great

From: Colin Trunt on

> "Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
>>> <<snipped>>

>>> Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and look at memory then ?
>>> Press F8 while booting ( Google it for details).
>>> If a "memory seating issue" ,should still have a problem.
>>> If not a seating issue, then should be minimum loaded into memory / CPU
>>> usage minimal.
>>

>> I did do this and it showed the ram was there.
>> IIRC it showed the ram was there even when I had a CPU usage issue.
>> The CPU issue has fortunately disapeared now.
>>>
> So problem is solved ?
> Great

Yes, wel it has gone away for now.
As I am not too sure what the cause is it could come back but
I am pretty sure it was poorly inserted memory.