From: - Bobb - on

"Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
< snipped>
> I though I had got rid of it by using only 1 gig of ram, and I had it went
> away so I tried the other gig by itself and the problem reappeared,
> worst thing is that it is the old 1 gig stick showing the problem now
> not the new one so I cant even send it back as fault.
> I guess running those tests should provide some answers.

Test results ??
It's getting tough following this: title shows CPU yet issue is memory ?
How about a brief summary of the situation as of now - and what didn't work.
Also, right from your HP link I see:

Video graphics are "Integrated" (on-board) so that's using some of your
memory too.
Someone didn't add a picture background to your display ???
If so, make the background NONE - just a color.

From: Colin Trunt on

"- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message

> "Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
> < snipped>
>> I though I had got rid of it by using only 1 gig of ram, and I had it
>> went away so I tried the other gig by itself and the problem reappeared,
>> worst thing is that it is the old 1 gig stick showing the problem now
>> not the new one so I cant even send it back as fault.
>> I guess running those tests should provide some answers.
>
> Test results ??
> It's getting tough following this: title shows CPU yet issue is memory ?
> How about a brief summary of the situation as of now - and what didn't
> work.
> Also, right from your HP link I see:
>
> Video graphics are "Integrated" (on-board) so that's using some of your
> memory too.
> Someone didn't add a picture background to your display ???
> If so, make the background NONE - just a color.

The CPU problem seemed to be related to badly installed memeory (probably)
I have a grahics card with 1/2 a gg of memory.

From: - Bobb - on
"using the back of a screw driver to apply pressure" !!

I have had several PC's with DDR400 and none of them have a problem.
You line up the memory stick in the slot, then push down slightly.
IF it should bind at all ( make sure no obstruction under the levers) lift
up on the lever edges as you push down and should ease right in. Maybe
another pair of hands to help ?

From: Paul on
Colin Trunt wrote:
> "- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message
>> "Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
>> < snipped>
>>> I though I had got rid of it by using only 1 gig of ram, and I had it
>>> went away so I tried the other gig by itself and the problem reappeared,
>>> worst thing is that it is the old 1 gig stick showing the problem now
>>> not the new one so I cant even send it back as fault.
>>> I guess running those tests should provide some answers.
>> Test results ??
>> It's getting tough following this: title shows CPU yet issue is memory ?
>> How about a brief summary of the situation as of now - and what didn't
>> work.
>> Also, right from your HP link I see:
>>
>> Video graphics are "Integrated" (on-board) so that's using some of your
>> memory too.
>> Someone didn't add a picture background to your display ???
>> If so, make the background NONE - just a color.
>>

> The CPU problem seemed to be related to badly installed memeory (probably)
> I have a grahics card with 1/2 a gg of memory.

If you look at your Task Manager graphs, when there isn't any heavy user
stuff running, are you still seeing one core running at 100%. Or is the
system now, really "idle" ?

Also, your statement about memory usage. You seem to be saying it follows
program usage, which is good. If Chrome and Firefox aren't running, and
the system is effectively idle, are you seeing 90% memory usage at
that point in time ?

Paul

From: Colin Trunt on

> Colin Trunt wrote:
>> "- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message
>>> "Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
>>> < snipped>
>>> Test results ??
>>> It's getting tough following this: title shows CPU yet issue is memory ?
>>> How about a brief summary of the situation as of now - and what didn't
>>> work.
>>> Also, right from your HP link I see:
>>>
>>> Video graphics are "Integrated" (on-board) so that's using some of your
>>> memory too.
>>> Someone didn't add a picture background to your display ???
>>> If so, make the background NONE - just a color.
>>>

>> The CPU problem seemed to be related to badly installed memeory
>> (probably)
>> I have a grahics card with 1/2 a gg of memory.
>>>

> If you look at your Task Manager graphs, when there isn't any heavy user
> stuff running, are you still seeing one core running at 100%. Or is the
> system now, really "idle" ?

Ot is OK now however before nothing was running, ie system idle 97%
but one core was at 95%, however that problem now appear to be cured.
Possibly related to badly seated memory or some other memery problem.

> Also, your statement about memory usage. You seem to be saying it follows
> program usage, which is good. If Chrome and Firefox aren't running, and
> the system is effectively idle, are you seeing 90% memory usage at
> that point in time ?

OK I kust closed chrome and firefox and memory available increased
from 700 to 1400 meg