From: panikus on
Hi!
I would like to know if it is possible to create binding between NDIS
protocol driver and TCP/IP stack driver (tcpip.sys).

Can I make the tcpip driver encapsulate my messages within IP packets, so
that I did not have to take care of adding all the other needed headers (IP,
ETH)?

Thanks for any help!
From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
> Can I make the tcpip driver encapsulate my messages within IP packets,

This is not NDIS. This is TDI (pre-Vista) or WSK (Vista+).

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

From: matt_sykes on
On 2 Sep, 19:28, "Maxim S. Shatskih" <ma...(a)storagecraft.com.no.spam>
wrote:
> > Can I make the tcpip driver encapsulate my messages within IP packets,
>
> This is not NDIS. This is TDI (pre-Vista) or WSK (Vista+).
>
> --
> Maxim S. Shatskih
> Windows DDK MVP
> ma...(a)storagecraft.comhttp://www.storagecraft.com

He might be talking about a filter driver since he is talking about
using tcp. But otherwise yes, protocol drivers are not NDIS. NDIS is
device oriented.
From: eagersh on
On Sep 10, 6:39 am, matt_sykes <zzeb...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 Sep, 19:28, "Maxim S. Shatskih" <ma...(a)storagecraft.com.no.spam>
> wrote:
>
> > > Can I make the tcpip driver encapsulate my messages within IP packets,
>
> > This is not NDIS. This is TDI (pre-Vista) or WSK (Vista+).
>
> > --
> > Maxim S. Shatskih
> > Windows DDK MVP
> > ma...(a)storagecraft.comhttp://www.storagecraft.com
>
> He might be talking about a filter driver since he is talking about
> using tcp.  But otherwise yes, protocol drivers are not NDIS.  NDIS is
> device oriented.

There is a Protocol NDIS driver and a lower edge of tcpip stack is a
Protocol NDIS driver.
Igor Sharovar
From: matt_sykes on
On 13 Sep, 02:28, eagersh <eagers...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 10, 6:39 am, matt_sykes <zzeb...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > This is not NDIS. This is TDI (pre-Vista) or WSK (Vista+).
>
> > > --
> > > Maxim S. Shatskih
> > > Windows DDK MVP
> > > ma...(a)storagecraft.comhttp://www.storagecraft.com
>
> > He might be talking about a filter driver since he is talking about
> > using tcp.  But otherwise yes, protocol drivers are not NDIS.  NDIS is
> > device oriented.
>
> There is a Protocol NDIS driver and a lower edge of tcpip stack is a
> Protocol NDIS driver.
> Igor Sharovar

Yes, thats correct.