From: Doug on
I have to update data on a powerpoint slide from an excel sheet. I got all
of my links in my powerpoint and everything was working well. However once I
shut powerpoint down and then restarted, the powerpoint started updating and
then I got a screen of jumbbled mess of hundreds of what appears to be links
though not on in the right place and many just repeats over and over.

My job requires me to put text and numbers all over a map and I am trying to
automate it so I don't have to fill out an excel page then a powerpoint page.
It appeared to be working great, but then again, when the programs were
restarted later, I have a mess. Have I done something wrong or is powerpoint
to weak? Both are from the 2007 suite.