From: John Harrington on
In Access 2007, I had a form that had two sections of controls.

Today, I added a third section and thought "oh hell, this is getting
unwieldy. I'll just make this a tabbed control".

So, I put a tabbed control on my form. I then dragged the first
section of controls onto the first page of the tabbed control. Worked
beautifully.

Then I dragged the second section of controls onto the second page.
Perfect, all works fine so far.

As should be familiar to everyone here, a tab control starts out with
just two pages, so I then right clicked the control to add a third
page. Then I dragged the third set of controls onto the new page,
just as I did the first two sets.

This third set of controls appears on all the pages! How can I make
it such that, like the first two sets, these controls appear on that
page and only that page? What am I missing?

As an addendum, I just tried to repeat what I just described (by
closing out of the form without saving). Now all the pages of the
introduced tab control will not accept the dragged controls. for some
reason, dragging a control onto a tabbed control's page is something
that works only sporadically, and I can't figure out how to return to
the circumstance where it works. I would simply cut and paste my
controls onto the pages, but that requires rewiring everything. If I
separate out the controls on three different forms and use subforms, I
have to rewrite all my queries by form (the expressions don't
automatically update). Aargggggh. Is it permitted to bash Access on
this group, or is that considered trolling???

Thanks, :)
John
From: Banana on
John Harrington wrote:
> This third set of controls appears on all the pages! How can I make
> it such that, like the first two sets, these controls appear on that
> page and only that page? What am I missing?

You're not first person to stumble on this rock.

What is going on is that you didn't actually place the controls IN the
tab controls, but rather ON tab control. What you need to do is first,
select a group of controls you want to be on the 2nd page, then Ctrl-X
(cut) to remove the controls, then on the tab control, select the 2nd
page - IIRC, you need make sure you have the 2nd page highlighted (e.g.
you can see the 2nd page listed on the combobox in the property sheet
and not tab control itself or anything.) then paste the controls. It
should then be IN the 2nd page.

Did that help?
From: Jeanette Cunningham on
When a control is showing on all pages of a tab control, select the control
and cut it.
Now click the tab for the page you want and paste it.

From: John Harrington on
On Jan 20, 12:51 pm, Banana <Banana(a)Republic> wrote:
> John Harrington wrote:
> > This third set of controls appears on all the pages!  How can I make
> > it such that, like the first two sets, these controls appear on that
> > page and only that page?  What am I missing?
>
> You're not first person to stumble on this rock.
>
> What is going on is that you didn't actually place the controls IN the
> tab controls, but rather ON tab control. What you need to do is first,
> select a group of controls you want to be on the 2nd page, then Ctrl-X
> (cut) to remove the controls, then on the tab control, select the 2nd
> page - IIRC, you need make sure you have the 2nd page highlighted (e.g.
> you can see the 2nd page listed on the combobox in the property sheet
> and not tab control itself or anything.) then paste the controls. It
> should then be IN the 2nd page.
>
> Did that help?

Thanks, but once you cut and paste controls in Access, you lose all
connection to the events. These can be reestablished, I suppose. But
are there any other consequences to cutting and pasting that I should
be aware of before I boldly try this?

Thanks,
John
From: John Harrington on
On Jan 20, 3:24 pm, John Harrington <beartiger....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 20, 12:51 pm, Banana <Banana(a)Republic> wrote:
>

> > John Harrington wrote:
> > > This third set of controls appears on all the pages!  How can I make
> > > it such that, like the first two sets, these controls appear on that
> > > page and only that page?  What am I missing?
>
> > You're not first person to stumble on this rock.
>
> > What is going on is that you didn't actually place the controls IN the
> > tab controls, but rather ON tab control. What you need to do is first,
> > select a group of controls you want to be on the 2nd page, then Ctrl-X
> > (cut) to remove the controls, then on the tab control, select the 2nd
> > page - IIRC, you need make sure you have the 2nd page highlighted (e.g.
> > you can see the 2nd page listed on the combobox in the property sheet
> > and not tab control itself or anything.) then paste the controls. It
> > should then be IN the 2nd page.
>
> > Did that help?
>
> Thanks, but once you cut and paste controls in Access, you lose all
> connection to the events.  These can be reestablished, I suppose.  But
> are there any other consequences to cutting and pasting that I should
> be aware of before I boldly try this?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Also, does it change the path to the controls? I have a lot of
queries by form dependent.

John
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2