From: janeinpa on
I have been using Dreamweaver for a long time with no problem. Suddenly, when
I try to insert a table, I get the following error: "While executing onLoad in
TableCommands.htm, the following JavaScript error occurred:

In file "TableCommands"
ReferenceError: InitializeUI is not defined

What happened? and How the heck to I fix it?

thanks!

From: Murray *ACE* on
Troubleshooting JavaScript errors in Dreamweaver
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19105#dat

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

From: janeinpa on
I have read this technical page over and over. I tried their suggestions. I
can't find the WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat file (I think because I have MX 2004
-- which I did update to 7.0.1) There is something wrong with the
configuration files, but I don't know how to fix them.

I can't insert a table into a new html file or into an existing html file. I
also cannot close the program without getting another javascript error. I
don't understand what's gone wrong, since I have been using it for a long time
without any problem. Recently I upgraded my Norton Internet Security and I'm
wondering if that's the culprit. I tried turning off the firewall, etc. but
that doesn't seem to matter.

Please.. I hope someone can help me fix this. I use Dreamweaver all the time!

From: Murray *ACE* on
> can't find the WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat file

Find this folder -

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver
MX 2004\Configuration\WinFileCache-*.dat
(these folders are normally hidden - you may have to use Explorer > Tools >
Folder Options to unhide them)

and delete it.

Restart DW. Works better?

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

From: janeinpa on
I'm sorry... I didn't read the beginning of your message. Let me try it & see what happens!