Prev: Tablet PC Pen
Next: Oops
From: Kevin on
Guys I've been working on this a little bit,

I've replaced a few pen batteries so far, and I intend to get everyone up and running again with their Tablets. I've created a website for my replacement service. I have typically done battery replacements because 90% of the time it seems that is the problem. But, I've also applied other fixes.

Please email me if you're having issues with your Tablet PC stylus/pen:

kevinteman AT hotmail DOT com

Or see my website at: kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

I may be able to get you running.
Thanks for your time,

Kevin Teman
kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

Susa wrote:

Cant get Finepoint pen to work
21-Apr-07

I have a CX200x from Gateway. The pen recently stopped working and since MS
or Gateway would not help me I had to to a complete system recovery loosing
everything. But even after I did the SR the pen still wont work. I hardly
used the pen in the past. Does this pen have a battery? I have not tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the pen cuz I'm not sure which
drivers in the device manager to uninstall. Can someone please point me in
the right direction?

On Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:42 PM
Susa wrote:

Cant get Finepoint pen to work
I have a CX200x from Gateway. The pen recently stopped working and since MS
or Gateway would not help me I had to to a complete system recovery loosing
everything. But even after I did the SR the pen still wont work. I hardly
used the pen in the past. Does this pen have a battery? I have not tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the pen cuz I'm not sure which
drivers in the device manager to uninstall. Can someone please point me in
the right direction?

On Saturday, April 21, 2007 6:38 PM
Josh Einstein wrote:

I've got a CX2724 and I can attest to the fact that the digitizer is horrible.
I've got a CX2724 and I can attest to the fact that the digitizer is
horrible. Mine hasn't worked right since day one but I haven't gotten a
"break" long enough to send it back to them. It'll be out of warranty in
August so I guess I'd better hurry...

But anyway, mine got so bad that if I closed the lid while the pen was in
the tablet, it would start "clicking" all over the screen furiously. Really
bad because it winds up doing things like hitting delete buttons and then
clicking yes on the confirmation dialogs. I disabled the digitizer in device
manager and the problem went away. It's a shame cause it's a really nice
machine otherwise. I'll probably buy another Gateway but only if it has a
Wacom digitizer.

I think you're gonna have to send it in.

--
Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
Einstein Technologies

"Susan" <Susan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Sunday, April 22, 2007 2:38 PM
James Kendrick wrote:

Doesn't the Finepoint pen have a battery that needs replacing?
Doesn't the Finepoint pen have a battery that needs replacing?

On 4/21/07 5:38 PM, in article
96B35F8B-B353-4E3B-963A-F1A506AF74C0(a)microsoft.com, "Josh Einstein"

On Monday, April 23, 2007 7:24 AM
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell wrote:

Actually the Finepoint pen is a recurring issue with the Gateway tablets and
Actually the Finepoint pen is a recurring issue with the Gateway tablets and
Gateway knows it. Just contact them and they'll send you a replacement,
provided you're still under warranty. They did that for me and I've had no
problems since.

C.

"Josh Einstein" <josh(a)einsteintech.net> wrote in message

On Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:11 PM
Josh Einstein wrote:

Not this model.
Not this model.

--
Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
Einstein Technologies
Tablet Enhancements for Outlook - Try it free: www.tabletoutlook.com

On Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:12 PM
Josh Einstein wrote:

They've sent me two and I still have the problem.
They've sent me two and I still have the problem. I'm pretty sure it's the
digitizer cause even when it was working it wasn't working well and there
was a strip across the bottom of the screen that wouldn't recognize right
clicks. Seems like that would be a digitizer issue since other areas of the
screen were able to right click ok.

But Susan's may be the pen. It might be worthwhile just to send the whole
unit in while it's under warranty so that they can make sure it works right.

--
Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
Einstein Technologies
Tablet Enhancements for Outlook - Try it free: www.tabletoutlook.com

"Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1(a)cogeco.ca> wrote in message

On Sunday, November 08, 2009 11:46 PM
Kevin T wrote:

Pen battery
All,
There is DEFINITELY A PEN IN THE CX2620 stylii. I just replaced mine with a AAAA battery. The old one (which is a AAAA size, you can find these inside 9-volt batteries) had acid buildup on its positive end and that is why the pen went inactive. There is a lot of debate over this pen problem and I guarantee 90% of the time it's related to the battery. I can do a clean replace on anybody's CX2620 pen/stylii with a fresh battery for $10. If interested email me at [email]kevinteman(a)hotmail.com[/email] . You pay for shipping, your total about $17 or so. I have never done this before but I just replaced mine flawlessly so I can do others. I know there are a lot of dead stylii out there and people don't know what to do, took me a while to figure it out.

Thanks,
Kevin Teman
[email]kevinteman(a)hotmail.com[/email]

On Monday, November 09, 2009 12:06 AM
undisclosed wrote:

^^^ kevintemanAThotmailDOTcom--kteman
^^^ kevintemanAThotmailDOTcom

--
kteman

On Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:36 PM
Kevin T wrote:

Tablet PC Pen
Guys I've been working on this a little bit,

I've replaced a few pen batteries so far, and I intend to get everyone up and running again with their Tablets. I've created a website for my replacement service. I have typically done battery replacements because 90% of the time it seems that is the problem. But, I've also applied other fixes.

Please email me if you're having issues with your Tablet PC stylus/pen:

kevinteman AT hotmail DOT com

Or see my website at: kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

I may be able to get you running.
Thanks for your time,

Kevin Teman
kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

On Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:37 PM
Kevin Teman wrote:

Tablet PC Pen
Guys I've been working on this a little bit,

I've replaced a few pen batteries so far, and I intend to get everyone up and running again with their Tablets. I've created a website for my replacement service. I have typically done battery replacements because 90% of the time it seems that is the problem. But, I've also applied other fixes.

Please email me if you're having issues with your Tablet PC stylus/pen:

kevinteman AT hotmail DOT com

Or see my website at: kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

I may be able to get you running.
Thanks for your time,

Kevin Teman
kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

On Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:37 PM
Kevin Teman wrote:

Tablet PC Pen
Guys I've been working on this a little bit,

I've replaced a few pen batteries so far, and I intend to get everyone up and running again with their Tablets. I've created a website for my replacement service. I have typically done battery replacements because 90% of the time it seems that is the problem. But, I've also applied other fixes.

Please email me if you're having issues with your Tablet PC stylus/pen:

kevinteman AT hotmail DOT com

Or see my website at: kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

I may be able to get you running.
Thanks for your time,

Kevin Teman
kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

Featured Product / Service Review: TekPub
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ae6e21fa-3443-4134-9d2e-39384482c80e/featured-product--servic.aspx

Pages: 1
Prev: Tablet PC Pen
Next: Oops