From: MDI Anne on
Is it possible to change all of the tabs names in my workbook (using
something similar to "find & replace"??

ex: workbook tabs names:

Q107, Q207, Q307, Q407 (for quarterly reports in 2007)

Now I want to change the tabs to read:

Q108, Q208, Q308, Q408.

Is there a quick way?

Thanks!
From: Jim Thomlinson on
Nope. Not without resorting to a macro. Depending on how many sheets it may
be quicker to just do it by hand than to write a macro.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Eduardo on
Hi,
Dave P has provide to the community the macro as follow

Maybe something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim iRow as long
with activesheet
for irow = 1 to .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row
sheets(irow).name = .cells(irow,"A").value
next irow
end with

End with

This could fail if you have invalid names in column A and/or there are
duplicate
names or sheets with the same name already existing. Or if you don't have
enough sheets!

From: MDI Anne on
Okie dokie... that's what I thought, but just wanted to check.

Thanks!!