From: Peter Gutmann on
Hi!
I would like to use this one as a live console. Unfortunately it seems the 8
AUXes are not really useful for monitoring purposes. AUX 1-2 and 3-4 are
stereo (which means I can only use 2 in total with seperate send knobs) and
those 2 are either pre or post.AUX 5-8 are always post.
I understand there are switches inside to change:
1: PFL instead of solo
2: use "channel" as source for AUX 3-4 send

Question:
Can I change the AUX 5-8 to be pre fader?
Has anyone done that?

I need at least 4 pre AUXes for monitoring and 2 post ones for FX.

Any help appreciated.
Peter

From: Phildo on

"Peter Gutmann" <guti(a)sbox.tugraz.at> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I would like to use this one as a live console.

Not what it was designed for.

>Unfortunately it seems the 8 AUXes are not really useful for monitoring
>purposes. AUX 1-2 and 3-4 are stereo (which means I can only use 2 in total
>with seperate send knobs) and those 2 are either pre or post.AUX 5-8 are
>always post.
> I understand there are switches inside to change:
> 1: PFL instead of solo
> 2: use "channel" as source for AUX 3-4 send
>
> Question:
> Can I change the AUX 5-8 to be pre fader?
> Has anyone done that?

I don't think that's possible with this board. You are far better off buying
a new board that has the features you want already.

Phildo

From: Peter Gutmann on
> I don't think that's possible with this board. You are far better off
> buying a new board that has the features you want already.
It's always possible. But is it wise to do so, considering the effort?
Question was: Has anyone done that?
(Wrong answer: I don't have a clue, but go buy a different console.)
Cheers
Peter

From: Phildo on

>> I don't think that's possible with this board. You are far better off
>> buying a new board that has the features you want already.
> It's always possible.

No, it is not always possible. Having downloaded and looked through the
manual I really don't think it is.

>But is it wise to do so, considering the effort?

As I already said, probably not.

> Question was: Has anyone done that?

No, go back and read your post again. That was one of several questions you
posed. Jeez, what is this newsgroup coming to when fuckwits like this don't
even remember what questions they posted?

> (Wrong answer: I don't have a clue, but go buy a different console.)

Actually I do have a clue. I downloaded and read the manual and, based on my
experience I gave you an informed opinion. Just because you don't like what
you are being told doesn't make it any less valid. I still don't think it is
possible and you might as well shell out the small amount of money for a
Behringer or equivalent board that will give you much better results for
live work without all the hassle of trying to use the wrong tool for the
job. Tell me, do you screw in woodscrews using a hammer?

Sadly now I doubt you will get any valid response now that you have proved
what a waste of breathing privileges you really are.

Phildo

From: Peter Gutmann on
>I don't think that's possible with this board. You are far better
>off buying a new board that has the features you want already.
Doesn't imply you know what you're talking about.
If you are: thanks for the advice, that's what I posted for in the first
place

>Having downloaded and looked through the manual
I hope you are talking about the service manual here

>No, it is not always possible.
Yes it is, redesign some part of circuit. Sometimes it's stupid to do so,
sometimes not.
That was the question.

>That was one of several questions you posed
The only question was marked "question" already, for people like you,
namely:
>Can I change the AUX 5-8 to be pre fader?Has anyone done that?

>fuckwits
Call me that again and I'll post something nasty here.

>Behringer
Waht is it you people have with those Behringer things?
Bad quality, bad reliability...
Are you telling me to go for Behringer EQs instead of the M2600?
Ever thought of why it would be used as a recording console?
>what a waste of breathing privileges you really are
you are too, then.

NEXT TIME:
Write an answer like this:
I have read, studied and understood the service manual of the M2600.
Although I have not done modifications myself to any of those consoles, in
my opinion it is too much of an effort, so you might consider looking at
alternatives.(Although it might be tempting to use it live, considering the
EQs, for example)