From: promo_john on
I'm currently using a Driverack PA to manage my 3-way system, but am
thinking about switching over to the Behringer DCX2496. I'd like to
feed my subs from an aux send on my board. The DCX has 3 inputs...so
can set it up to run a stereo signal into inputs A and B, and aux-fed
sub content in input C?

Am I giving anything up by switching to the DCX, feature/sound-wise?

jp

From: Phildo on

<promo_john(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently using a Driverack PA to manage my 3-way system, but am
> thinking about switching over to the Behringer DCX2496. I'd like to
> feed my subs from an aux send on my board. The DCX has 3 inputs...so
> can set it up to run a stereo signal into inputs A and B, and aux-fed
> sub content in input C?

Yes.

> Am I giving anything up by switching to the DCX, feature/sound-wise?

Yes, you are losing the wonderful opportunity to have your drivers blown
when the power goes down since the DRPA emits a huge bang on power-down.
Other than that you are losing the subharmonic synth that the DRPA has but I
would much rather have one of those as an outboard unit fed from an aux as
it is not a good effect to use over the whole mix.

Phildo

From: promo_john on
Thanks. I see that computer control is through an RS232. Is there any
way to send that through an analog audio snake?

jp

From: Phildo on

> Thanks. I see that computer control is through an RS232. Is there any
> way to send that through an analog audio snake?

Not that I know of but some people might know a way. Personally I don't see
why you would need to as the unit is pretty much set and forget and
shouldn't need touching during a gig.

Phildo

From: Tim Scott on

<promo_john(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. I see that computer control is through an RS232. Is there any
> way to send that through an analog audio snake?

232 doesn't travel well over long distances.
you could buy a converter system, which would take it to a different
protocol and back again (485? - not sure)
other alternative would be to have the DCX at FOH, but obviously that would
be more returns to the amp rack.