From: TimPerry on
ebay auction for a DCX2396 mod http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5375223E

im shopping for a DEQ and ran accross this auction.

maybe it's for the guys who still use phase linears?

From: "Chris Welsh "cwelsh nospam>"@vif" on
TimPerry wrote:
> ebay auction for a DCX2396 mod http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5375223E
>
> im shopping for a DEQ and ran accross this auction.
>
> maybe it's for the guys who still use phase linears?

heheh....since when is 10v XLR a standard?
From: Peter Larsen on
Chris, Welsh, <\"cwelsh\"@vif, dot> wrote:

> TimPerry wrote:
> > ebay auction for a DCX2396 mod http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5375223E
> >
> > im shopping for a DEQ and ran accross this auction.
> >
> > maybe it's for the guys who still use phase linears?
> >

> heheh....since when is 10v XLR a standard?

Look into what voltages standard headroom requirements translate to, a
peak voltage capability of no less than 7.75 volts in a 600 Ohm load is
generally expected. It appears to be a very interesting extra for the
DCX for usage in an unbalanced context.

Peter Larsen
From: Eeyore on

Peter Larsen wrote:

> Chris, Welsh, <\"cwelsh\"@vif, dot> wrote:
>
> > TimPerry wrote:
> > > ebay auction for a DCX2396 mod http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5375223E
> > >
> > > im shopping for a DEQ and ran accross this auction.
> > >
> > > maybe it's for the guys who still use phase linears?
> > >

> > heheh....since when is 10v XLR a standard?
>
> Look into what voltages standard headroom requirements translate to, a
> peak voltage capability of no less than 7.75 volts in a 600 Ohm load is
> generally expected. It appears to be a very interesting extra for the
> DCX for usage in an unbalanced context.

It also looks like it probably results in a 12dB signal loss too.

Graham

From: Arny Krueger on
"TimPerry" <timperry(a)noaspamadelphia.net> wrote in message

> ebay auction for a DCX2496 mod
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?F5375223E
>
> im shopping for a DEQ and ran accross this auction.

> maybe it's for the guys who still use phase linears?

It's a bunch of golden-eared audiophiles trying to make over the DCX in the
image of Walt Jung's Pooge.

Here's the website that originated the mod (in french):

http://www.dcx2496.fr/

The precident for this sort of thing might be the several high-end CD and
DVD players on the market that are based on lower-end mass-market players.
They *upgrade* the front panel, back panel, output buffers, power supply,
and system clock. Oh, yes and put on a *better sounding* power cord. ;-)

BTW I did say upgrade the system clock. Well, my French ain't too good, but
I think that is what this page is about:

http://www.dcx2496.fr/cadre.htm