From: Christine on
Please see e-mail string below. I tried the outlook.exe /cleanreminders in
the run program after not having any luck with outlook / clean reminders. I
still cannot get a task reminder to come up with a reminder even though I
have designated a time and checked the box. When the appointed reminder time
has passed, I look at the reminder again and the box is no longer checked. I
am frustrated!!! My task folder is listed on the left-hand side: mail,
calendar, contacts, tasks. I have never moved the folder to another
location.

Any other suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

the switch is outlook.exe /cleanreminders
make sure there is one space between the exe and /
Are the tasks in the default task folder? They won't fire from other task
folders in 2003.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Are they recurring tasks? If so, are you dismissing reminders? (mark
complete, don't dismiss)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Christine on
Hi Diane:
No, they are not recurring tasks, but are brand-new (i.e., get a boarding
pass for a flight on a certain day). I'm not dismissing them at all because
they never appear. After trying the 2 solutions given to me earlier, I did a
test reminder today, checked the box and prayed that it would come up in 10
minutes. It did not. I open the task back up and the box was not checked!
It is frustrating!! But I appreciate any and all help!!

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
What type of accounts are in your profile? If you press Ctrl+6, how many
Task folders can you find?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Christine on
After clicking Ctrl and 6, I have one task folder (icon is a red check mark
on a clipboard) and it is located under my personal mailbox list that also
has attachments, calendar, contacts, inbox, junk e-mail, sent, sync issues,
tasks). Thank you for continuing to help me!