From: Tsintzina on
Why do I get this message repeatedly when I try to open Microsoft Outlook all
of a sudden whereas before I never got this message. The message I get is:

The data file 'nikosc38(a)hotmail.com' was not closed properly.
This file is being checked for problems.

From: Gordon on

"Tsintzina" <Tsintzina(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why do I get this message repeatedly when I try to open Microsoft Outlook
> all
> of a sudden whereas before I never got this message. The message I get is:
>
> The data file 'nikosc38(a)hotmail.com' was not closed properly.
> This file is being checked for problems.

This is usually caused by some extraneous device or application that IS
keeping the pst file open. Do you have a hand-held device or mobile phone
for example that syncs with Outlook?

From: VanguardLH on
Tsintzina wrote:

> Why do I get this message repeatedly when I try to open Microsoft Outlook all
> of a sudden whereas before I never got this message. The message I get is:
>
> The data file 'nikosc38(a)hotmail.com' was not closed properly.
> This file is being checked for problems.

Often caused by an add-on that you installed into Outlook. Exit Outlook and
load it in its safe mode which does not load any enabled add-ins:

outlook.exe /safe

Then retest loading and exiting Outlook a few times to see if the error
appears again.