From: ??? on
Hello ,
After installing banth of Patches my Windows 2003 server could not run the
Task Scheduler service. it is suck at Starting state.
Here is what i have tried allready:
1) Killing the process and restarting the service.
2) reboot
3) Uninstall all the Patches i have installed earlier.
4) delete the file SchedLgU.Txt and create a new one.
Nothing helped so far does anyone have any idea what else i can do ?

Thanks
Moshe
From: Dave Patrick on
Any Event Viewer errors?

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: ??? on
It takes 2 minute to ger Error 1053 - could not start service on local
computer
the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:23:41 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JRSSPS002
Application popup: Service Control Manager : At least one service or driver
failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for
details.

Event Log
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7035
Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: JRSSPS002
The Terminal Services service was successfully sent a start control.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7022
Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JRSSPS002
The Task Scheduler service hung on starting.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7001
Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JRSSPS002
The SharePoint Portal Administration service depends on the Task Scheduler
service which failed to start because of the following error:
After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7023
Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JRSSPS002
The Symantec AntiVirus Client service terminated with the following error:
The environment is incorrect.
Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: JRSSPS002
The Network Location Awareness (NLA) service was successfully sent a start
control.

___________________________________________________________________________-
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7036
Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JRSSPS002
The Network Location Awareness (NLA) service entered the running state.

Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: JRSSPS002
The COM+ System Application service was successfully sent a start control.

Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JRSSPS002
The WMI Performance Adapter service entered the running state.

Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: ger\sys_jermom
Computer: JRSSPS002
The WMI Performance Adapter service was successfully sent a start control.

Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: JRSSPS002
The Intel Remote Control Helper service was successfully sent a start control.

Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JRSSPS002
The COM+ System Application service entered the running state.

Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JRSSPS002
The Debug Diagnostic Service service entered the running state.

Date: 1/29/2006
Time: 5:31:10 PM
User: N/A
Computer: JRSSPS002
The WMI Performance Adapter service entered the stopped state.

________________________________________________________________________-

______________________________________________________--

From: Dave Patrick on
Is the 'Remote Procedure Call (RPC)' service running?

You might try from a command prompt;
sc query "Schedule"

to see what win32 exit code is generated.

--

___________________________________________________________________________-

From: ??? on
thaks for your support.
here is the result of sc query.
(I also deleted all the tasks that i had there)

C:\>sc query "Schedule"

SERVICE_NAME: Schedule
TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
STATE : 2 START_PENDING
(NOT_STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE,
IGNORES_SHUTDOWN))

when it is on Runing stat

C:\>
C:\>sc start "Schedule"
[SC] StartService FAILED 1056:

An instance of the service is already running.

After killing the process "C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs"

C:\>sc start "Schedule"

SERVICE_NAME: Schedule
TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
STATE : 2 START_PENDING