From: JonM on
I was wondering what other folks were using to get the task usage view (task
list with monthly time phased work) ported into excel. I first started using
the copy paste function, with a lot of clean up I might add to get this into
excel. Then I started printing to pdf and using able2extract to port into
excel. I am curious what others are using. This is a must do for my org.
I have checked the developer group and have not found anything that ports the
view out exactly as it is seen in Task Usage. I am not a programmer so
modification is not an option for me.

I am hoping to find a companion product that will do this.

Thanks fo your inputs.
From: Andrew Lavinsky on
Check out Reports > Visual Reports > Resource Usage, then select the second
tab of the resulting worksheet. That's a pivot table which should have close
to what you're looking for.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
Sorry - That'll get you the data by resource. If you want tasks, check out
the Assignment Usage report. Resources can be added to that PivotTable as
well.

From: JonM on
Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. I am using MS Project 2003 and Visual reports is not
an option. And I have to have the data exactly as it is presented in the
Task Usage View with the TP Data.

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
You might play with the options to Save As Excel or Save As Excel PivotTable.
Not sure if that will get you there, but that's the best I can think of
then.

Just do Save As, and it will kick off the wizard....