From: Pajaracos on
All,

I have recently been involved in a construction project where the time
available at the site of work was limited by the client. Now that the project
is over i want to demonstrate to the client how his control of access
affected my work.

1. Originally the programme was based on 5 days per week and 4.5hrs per day
00:00 - 04:30 wed - sun.
2. As we knew access to site was an issue we have an excel sheet detailing
date hour and minute of access and igress each day. Every minute counts for
this job which stretches over 12 months.
4. What i really want is to put these exact times into an "as-built"
calendar and apply to the original plan to highlight the effects.
4. I only know how to do this by manually inputting each day throughout the
12 month period.

Is there an add-in or other method to transfer the information cut and paste
style?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

From: Barbara - Austria on
Hi Pajaracos,

you can create a second calendar in Tools -> Change Working Time. On tab
'Work Weeks' you can define default Working Times if your Excel sheet
only contains exceptions.

To change working time in your new calendar you could use a macro like that:

Sub MyCalendar()
Dim vDay As Date
Dim vStart, vFinish As Variant
Dim i As Integer

' get vDay from Excel vDay = "03.04.2010"
' get vStart from Excel vStart = "13:00"
' get vFinish from Excel vFinish = "17:00"

i = 1
With ActiveProject.BaseCalendars("<Name of your calendar>")
.Exceptions.Add Type:=pjDaily, Start:=vDay, Finish:=vDay,
Name:=Str(vDay)
.Exceptions(i).Shift1.Start = vStart
.Exceptions(i).Shift1.Finish = vFinish
.Exceptions(i).Shift2.Clear
.Exceptions(i).Shift3.Clear
.Exceptions(i).Shift4.Clear
.Exceptions(i).Shift5.Clear
i = i + 1
End With

End Sub

This is only a quick shot to give you an idea (no loop for reading your
Excel, no error handling, ..... and for sure there is room for improvement)

Switching calendar in Project -> Project Information... should show the
impact of access control.

If you have questions, let me know.
Regards
Barbara