From: R.Wieser on
Hello all,

I'm in a bit of a fix. I'm trying to create a new .LIB file, but the
origional functions have names that are not accepted by Tasms v5.0 ImpLib
program.

Below is an entry when directly ImpLib-ing the executable into a Library (a
lib I can't seem to use) :

-----------------------
001240 THEADR ??9bzApiString@@QAE_NABV0@@Z
001261 COMENT Purge: Yes, List: Yes, Class: 160 (0A0h)
Dynamic link import (IMPDEF)
Imported by: name
Internal Name: ??9bzApiString@@QAE_NABV0@@Z
Module Name: bzfs.exe
001291 COMENT Purge: Yes, List: Yes, Class: 251 (0FBh)
Hint:33
00129A MODEND
-----------------------

Before you ask, yes, that is a function ment for a plugin for the
BZFlag -game server-program. :-)

If-and-when I remove the question-marks the name is accepted by ImpLib, but
than the import-name cannot be found in the targetted program. Removing
the "9" too (so it matches the name in the .H -file) does not help either.

I've tried several .DEF file descriptions, but the only way that it wants to
work is when I use ordinals, *and* tell the linker to work with ordinals
only (otherwise the function-name I came up with I linked to the ordinal
can, again, not be found in the target-program).

Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to enter names like that in a .DEF file
?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Ps.
When is CLAX again accepting posts ? The last few times I tried to post
there it simply did not appear ...

From: io_x on

"R.Wieser" <address(a)not.available> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hello all,
>
> I'm in a bit of a fix. I'm trying to create a new .LIB file, but the
> origional functions have names that are not accepted by Tasms v5.0 ImpLib
> program.
>
> Below is an entry when directly ImpLib-ing the executable into a Library (a
> lib I can't seem to use) :

don't know for your problem
but if i have one name.dll, and i want name.lib i type in a dos windows
>implib name.lib name.dll
that write the name.lib that is useful for link

From: R.Wieser on
Hello io_x,

> but if i have one name.dll, and i want name.lib i type in a
> dos windows >implib name.lib name.dll

That is what I tried at first, but the names displayed by TDUMP.EXE still
show those question-marks infront of and sometimes even in the middle of
function-names. And that means that those names cannot be used in Tasm.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

-- Origional message :
io_x <a(a)b.c.invalid> schreef in berichtnieuws
4b44c644$0$1112$4fafbaef(a)reader2.news.tin.it...

From: BGB / cr88192 on

"R.Wieser" <address(a)not.available> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I'm in a bit of a fix. I'm trying to create a new .LIB file, but the
> origional functions have names that are not accepted by Tasms v5.0 ImpLib
> program.
>
> Below is an entry when directly ImpLib-ing the executable into a Library
> (a
> lib I can't seem to use) :
>
> -----------------------
> 001240 THEADR ??9bzApiString@@QAE_NABV0@@Z
> 001261 COMENT Purge: Yes, List: Yes, Class: 160 (0A0h)
> Dynamic link import (IMPDEF)
> Imported by: name
> Internal Name: ??9bzApiString@@QAE_NABV0@@Z
> Module Name: bzfs.exe
> 001291 COMENT Purge: Yes, List: Yes, Class: 251 (0FBh)
> Hint:33
> 00129A MODEND
> -----------------------
>
> Before you ask, yes, that is a function ment for a plugin for the
> BZFlag -game server-program. :-)
>
> If-and-when I remove the question-marks the name is accepted by ImpLib,
> but
> than the import-name cannot be found in the targetted program. Removing
> the "9" too (so it matches the name in the .H -file) does not help either.
>
> I've tried several .DEF file descriptions, but the only way that it wants
> work is when I use ordinals, *and* tell the linker to work with ordinals
> only (otherwise the function-name I came up with I linked to the ordinal
> can, again, not be found in the target-program).
>
> Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to enter names like that in a .DEF
> file
> ?

try getting the Windows SDK...

MS's tools can deal with MS's name mangling...

From: R.Wieser on
Hello BGB / cr88192,

> try getting the Windows SDK...
>
> MS's tools can deal with MS's name mangling...

Instead of downloading and installing an SDK for just one program I figured
out (with the help of Google) what the file-format of an OMF -style library
is and wrote my own (very basic) implib version.

Two birds with one stone : I learned something about the library-format and
I can now create simple names for the (unsusable) mangled/decorated ones.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

-- Origional message
BGB / cr88192 <cr88192(a)hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
hi3smj$eik$1(a)news.albasani.net...